The Power of Women

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's a dangerous thing, beauty... For some women, from the moment they are born, every man they encounter in their lives will fall head-over-heels to do anything that they wish. Some call it luck, some call it genes, and some call it a gift from the heavens beyond the Plumbbob -- but, regardless of the source of this power, it is nearly impossible for men to forsake the influence it has. And what women choose to do with it... Well, depends on their needs.


Screenshot-343.jpg
It is the power to convince a boy afraid of commitment that it's okay to try falling in love...


Screenshot-366.jpg
... or the the power to break the heart of a love-lost man (with the helping intervention of a friend).


Screenshot-400.jpg
But there are other kinds of things to control, as well; the power of a pretty girl can make sure that she always remains an important part of her best friend's life...

Screenshot-353.jpg

... or the power of a daughter, to make sure that her father will always give her anything she wants.

Yes, indeed, a woman has power; having brains and resourcefulness is a plus, but when all else fails, she need only rely on the flutter of eyelashes to produce the outcome she wants. And, in the case of some women, they will exploit this ability for whatever end... To whatever end.




Jebidiah could feel the flab settling in. His muscles were loosening, his belly was beginning to bulge, and his smoothing six-pack was no longer drawing the eyes it once did in his youth. The change in his lifestyle -- both age and occupation -- had altered his habits, and it was not bringing the results he wanted anymore. He was fighting crime, sure, but it wasn't the same workout as actually doing crime, and long hours cracking the information database for clues and doing paperwork at the police station was certainly not doing anything for his figure.

It wasn't entirely because he wanted to impress the ladies -- he wanted to feel good about himself regardless -- but it certainly was a contributing factor to why he decided to spend a bit more time at the gym over the course of the weekend.


Screenshot-2.jpg
After a grueling workout on the treadmill, he popped out of the gym's basement for a drink -- and, there, he felt the rather intense feeling of a pair of woman's eyes staring into his back.

By the time he turned around, she'd already begun heading down the stairs, and was out of view before he could get a good look at who at set off his spider-sense. Eager to see who and why someone was so interested in him, he swished back a box of juice quickly and doubled back down the stairs to the main workout facility.


Screenshot-3.jpg
And, there she was: muscled and fit, a lineless tan, badass tattoos, and a pair of legs and hips that could make anyone turn their heads... And it had certainly turned Jeb's. Still... he was married, and he'd made a promise to Meredith. But that didn't mean he couldn't at least say Hi, right? "Hey... Haven't seen your face around here before. New to town?"

The woman looked up from her weights, and turned a sly glance towards her inquisitor. "Yeah, actually," she responded with a flash of a gritty smile. "How'd you guess? That small of a town?"

"Pretty much," Jeb shrugged with a laugh. "It's my job to know everyone in town, basically. Always catches my eye when there's someone out of place... Nothing against you, of course. Just what happens when a population barely skips above 200."


Screenshot-4.jpg
After wiping her sweaty hands on a towel, she stood and reached out her hand, and surprised Jeb with a remarkably firm handshake. "Well then, I better just dive right in, huh? Tatianna Solez. I'm a writer, just here to try and escape the real world and try to get some inspiration back."

Jeb smiled, and shook the hand back. "Jebidiah Kane, at your service. I'd love to stay and chat, but I was just about to hit the showers... you going to be here for a while?"


Screenshot-7.jpg
"That's a good idea, you... stink, to be perfectly honest," she said in a rather blunt tone. "But, I did come here to work out, so take your time. I'll still be here once you're a little more... fresh."

"Great," thought Jeb to himself as he ducked into the showers. "First time in ages I've had a woman actually have small talk with me, and she tells me I smell. Great start, Jeb, great start..."


Screenshot-9.jpg
When he'd finished and returned, she seemed to react rather quickly to his re-arrival. She stood up from the machine, and gave Jeb a look-over that was very reminiscent of his younger days. Mmm, that's more like it.

"Well, that's much better," Tatianna said with a smile, sidling up to Jeb in a very un-innocent feminine way. "So anyways, I was actually wondering... About you being a private eye. You must know a lot about people here in town, right? More than the average person, at least."

"You'd be surprised... I know things some of these people don't even seem to know about themselves."


Screenshot-10.jpg
"Well," Tatianna said with a raise of a brow and seductive curl of her lips. "That may be just what I need to get out of this writer's block of mine. Any juicy secrets and stories you could share would do me a world of good. Think you could share some over dinner?" Before he could open his mouth to respond, she shook her head, and continued: "Strictly business, of course," she glanced down towards his wedding ring, nudging at it with a tip of her finger. "I just could use all the help I could get, and you're the biggest break I've gotten in quite a while."

"Well..." Jeb didn't have to debate it for very long: his lower brain had already done all the thinking for him. "I think I could fit into my schedule."



The power that a beautiful woman has is certainly something that many women take advantage of, and yet, in some cases, naivety prevents a woman from understanding the effect she has on men... And, unfortunately for Meredith, this was something that she could not realize, and it would inevitably backfire... for, not every man is as honorable as he seems.


Screenshot-116.jpg
"Eva told you I did portraits, huh? Well, yes, she's right -- I'd love to do one for you. It will take a while to finish, but as long as I can get started on it while you're present, and can get a few decent photographs, it shouldn't be a problem. You're free right now? Well, sure, come on over... Jeb's at the gym, kids are at school, so it's the perfect time to avoid distractions."

She hung up the phone and smiled a little. Meredith's painting business had certainly taken off -- even Jebidiah had to admit that she was making more money than him at this point -- and every commission that came in was music to her ears. Knowing that they didn't have to worry about money anymore was a relief. And, now, Eva's husband Shamus was requesting a portrait of his own... She wasn't exactly sure why, but, it wasn't the job of the artist to question what the requester asked for.

Screenshot-126.jpg

When he arrived, Meredith was surprised at how friendly he was. "We've met before, Shamus, you don't have to shake my hand," she said with a laugh, but he almost didn't let go.

"Oh yeah, sorry," he said with a grin. "I just thought it was proper courtesy, and all..." Meredith thought his eyes looked a little glazed-over, but she discarded the notion, figuring it was just the lighting. "So, where are you set up?"

"Out back," she responded, her thumb pointing towards the backyard. "I don't like painting in the house, feels cramped. I suppose we better get started, before it starts to get too cloudy."


Screenshot-120.jpg
"Mind if I take this call?" he said as she began painting. "Looks like it's work again."

"No, not at all..." Meredith began penciling out the face, and put on a first layer of paint. "Hmm... Profile view would probably be the best. Right? Right. Yes. He's got a good jaw.. Might need to fill in his hairline, though..." As he chatted on the phone, she lost complete awareness of everything else that was going on, save the artwork -- so when Shamus hung up the phone and approached her, she was completely caught off guard.


Screenshot-122.jpg
"Listen, Meredith... I heard that things between you and your husband have been a bit rocky lately... A beautiful woman like you deserves far better than that. If you gave me the chance, I could make things in your life a whole lot easier... And a whole lot more fun."


Screenshot-123.jpg
"Shamus, you shouldn't be talking like that," Meredith flinched, turning away. She didn't realize that Eva had said that much about what was going on in her life -- and it frustrated her, a little, that she'd told that to her husband. "Don't you wonder what Eva would think if she heard that you were hitting on her friend like this?"

Screenshot-124.jpg

"You don't understand, Meredith," Shamus responded, "Things between Eva and I... They've always been really rocky. When Alesha was born, things got a little bit better, but... She just doesn't give me everything I need out of our relationship. I mean, she won't even hold my hand in public, anymore... And from the sounds of it, you could use a little less arguing and a little more smooth sailing in your life right now. I figured, since we're both sort of in the same boat... You'd... You know..."

"No, Shamus. I don't think so. Not like that. I mean, you're my friend sure, but I could never do that to Eva... Or to Jeb. I... Let's--let's go inside, I think I need something to drink."


Screenshot-130.jpg
Unfortunately, as Meredith and Shamus began to talk over drinks, she realized that they were very much alike. They both loved to have a good laugh, and he was just as childish... And there was a strangely girly tickle up her spine as he touched her arm after she told him one of her favorite jokes.


Screenshot-132.jpg
When he finally decided to go, he bent in real close, staring so deeply into Meredith's eyes that she almost began to feel faint. He wasn't even that attractive, but something about him was just... almost irresistable. Almost.

"Listen, Shamus... I really appreciate you wanting to look out for me and all, but let's not let things go any further than this, okay? You and Eva are the closest friends I have, and.. you know... well... Anyways... Yeah... I..." Her heart was thumping. Dangit, why does he have this impact on me? "I'll have your painting delivered as soon as it's finished."


Screenshot-12.jpg
It had been an interesting day, for both the Kanes... But, would the trials of temptation begin to drive a wedge between them? Well, in the case of the Kanes, the power of women was compelling them to keep to their secrets. Too many secrets... Too many, indeed.




Later...


Screenshot-105.jpg
Tatianna entered her grungy new home, throwing her purse to an end-table as she picked up a phone and began to dial. After several moments, she heard a voice on the other line, and she got to say the words she'd been dying to say since the moment she left the gym that day.
"Good news... I think I found him."

25 comments:

Unknown July 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

I ended up hitting a writer's block when it came to writing about the events covered in the "intro" to the post, so instead of devoting a whole post to them, I tried to squeeze the information from that section of history into a few slides. Hopefully it seems smooth and not abrupt. I wanted to give Justin some more spotlight, but it got stolen by Shamus. GG, Shamus... GG.

Anyways. Need I say... PLOT TWIST! :D

This "Season" is actually going to be a lot shorter than I originally thought it'd be... Probably because I'm impatient to get caught up. :)

PiB - Nicarra July 20, 2010 at 1:57 AM  

Damn, that is some very fine story telling indeed. Jeb isn't really looking for trouble but it seems that trouble may well have found him. Since his mom and Mere's sister moved with them, the odds it's an old friend looking seem very very small.

And Mere with Shamus, temptation is certainly lurking.

Such excellent story telling indeed

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 2:19 AM  

Thank you so much, PiB. :) I'm having so much fun writing this, I'm glad it's turning out well!

What's amuses me is that they did all that on their own. The only thing that was planned was Shamus coming over to get his portrait done, but that's because Meredith had a wish to paint him -- and well... it went downhill from there.

It really surprised me that Tatianna was flirting with Jeb so much, I was expecting her to throw out more insults.

Di Al Martini July 20, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Oh, Jeb.
I was beginning to wonder if he is going back to the old ways again (to the crime organization, that is)? Is Tatianna at the good side or not?
You have an interesting storyline. I didn't wonder about Shamus and his line there. It's just so particularly him.
There are sure lots of temptations in their marriage, and poor Eva :(

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Great update! You keep drawing me into the story. Plot twist, indeed!

I'm not even going to speculate this time. I'm going to wait and see what's Tatianna's angle. Jeb, stop thinking with the lower brain!

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Thanks, guys. :)

You'll find out who Tatianna is very very soon. :) She definitely isn't someone that Jeb already knows, or he probably would've freaked out, seeing her here in Twinbrook.

Jeb certainly should know better, but, he's not the only one being tempted. If they were more open with each other, this probably wouldnt've been that big of a deal... But... they just don't seem to "get it"!

I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am. It's probably not the most dramatic, but at least a lot of mysteries are about to be solved. ;)

mmmcheezy225 July 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Ugh, Tatianna and Shamus need to go die in a fire or something, Jeb and Meredith's marriage has been through enough. Hopefully they'll keep their wits about them...

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Hahahaha, cheezy. ;D Well said.

Seems like *everyone* has been hitting on Meredith lately, but Shamus was kinda like... the last straw to break the camel's back, so to speak. He's a royal pain in everyone's butts. Especially mine. -_-

Tatianna... well... you'll find out more about her soon enough.

PiB - Nicarra July 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Jeb's last job in Riverview went belly-up and someone died because he was betrayed. The man needs to learn to engage brain before he pants at yet another female.

I shouldn't have been surprised about Shamus, he's been my town casanova consistently in one game. Meredith really needs to get out and listen to the gossip more. :)

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

LMAO, PiB!

As for you Ms. Kaleeko. "Tatianna... well... you'll find out more about her soon enough." You, Miss, are a Sims Blog tease! :P

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Hahahaha, PiB. ;D And yeah, Meredith really does need to get out more and listen around... She holes herself up too much, otherwise she'd know that Shamus is constantly out trying to woo da womenz.

Yes, Chrysame... I'm a tease. ^^ But at least this time I'm not teasing about something you'll have to wait a month to discover! :D It's funny how fast things pick up right near the end of a storyline.

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Shamus' pick up line: *using a bad Scottish accent ala Star Trek's Scottie* "How you doin'?"

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

*DIES* Oh man... That is so perfect.

Dee July 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

That fourth picture is just so dang cute.

Well, hello there Tatiana. Oh, the suspense is killing me! I just know Tatiana is up to no good and Jeb is going to fall right into her trap.
Meredith, you just have to stop being so gullible. You just can't trust the Shamus's of Sim World.

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Amelia is going to steal her father's heart away and keep it in a jar. ^^

I think they improved genetics quite a bit with the patch/expansion, because she's got a really nice blend of both parents. She's mostly Meredith, but has Jeb's skin, hair, and -- unfortunately -- his lips.

Once I made Tatianna for you Dee, I figured I'd find a use for her... And she works perfect in this role. ^^

Dee July 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

I'm glad to see Tatiana. She's a tough cookie.

Amelia has stolen my heart. She is just so cute with those freckles. I'm going to have to put freckles on some little kid. I so agree about the genetics. They have improved a lot.

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

It really bums me out that freckles aren't actually passed on genetically, when they should... Maybe they do now, but I doubt it. Another victory for Twallan, allowing us to put them on after the fact. :)

We'll have to see how Amelia shapes up as she ages, but she's certainly the cutest toddler I've ever had.

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Freckles and beauty marks should be inherited. Maybe someday.

Do you know who'll be the next heir, Kaleeko? Do you go strictly by birth order?

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Hopefully. :-/

Generally, I go with the last-born, so I can stay with the household as long as possible before shoving off. I think the trend may stick this time, but I'm so attached to all three kids, I may cycle into the boys' houses to make sure they remain a constant in the story.

I've got kind of an idea of where I'm heading in the future, and it centers around Amelia, but she isn't going to be an adult for quite a while yet. She still isn't even a kid, in my game.

Anonymous,  July 20, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

That's right, you said that the blog was almost caught up with your game.

I'm impressed that you've resisted taking a peek at a grown up Amelia.

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

I did catch a quick glimpse of Amelia as a teen, when I was testing out some kid's clothes I'd gotten on her, which is how I noticed that she's got Jeb's lips... But otherwise, I've tried really hard not to play around too much with future ages.

When you play with lifespans as long as I do, looking into the future can cause some severe impatience. If I'm patient, and enjoy every day in every stage, it makes birthdays that much more special, I spose. ^^

Dee July 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

I think I looked at one of my kids ahead of time once when I was planning to continue playing them. I've never done it again. I sort of like the surprise.

Raisin Hale July 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

ooh someone's out to get jeb... wonder if it's the cops or his old company? i can't get over how cute amelia is... she's the cutest sim toddler i've ever seen. her skin, hair, and eye colors just work so well together. and EW meredith cannon get with eva's husband. if she's gonna go for anyone she should go for the doctor ;)

Unknown July 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Yeah, she probably should've gone after Justin while she had the chance... But it would've been bad to keep a poor single guy, desperate for a girl of his own, tied down to a married woman with kids, who was much older than him. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess. (Spoiler: He's found himself a woman and got married, too... So, yay?)

And yeah, I think Shamus may need a new haircut, or some Rogaine or something... but, Meredith's not really the picky type. It's not like Jeb's Prince Charming or anything, haha. :) However, she shouldn't be flirting with her best friend's husband, no matter how cute he is!

Jen August 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

What? Justin is married already?
Bummer...was hoping Meredith would maybe have a fling with him. lol

Jeb is so naughty. Fair enough he feels like he's getting older and um, less attractive. I think he looks great though!

Loved some of the phrases you used in this chapter and your writing in general! lol

Not far off now... :)
So much for my comments being shorter...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP