On the Move!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hey guys!


Soo... Yeah! You may remember that a while back I said my hubby and I were preparing for the possibility to move to come up in the future--and well, it did! He officially has been hired at a position in Winnipeg, starting November 20th!

Unfortunately, that means we have just under 3 weeks to get there, so I'm going to be MIA for a bit. We have to get our house in good shape for someone to rent, and we have our first prospective renter coming in this Tuesday to take a look at the place... Less than a week to get my house immaculate looking? *panic*

But, I am really excited and it's a huge step for my hubby, so now that the shock is wearing off I'm feeling really good about it. Panicked, worried, and stressed, but also excited!

So, notes:

Desperate Sims has one story post ready to go up while I'm gone; two once I finish getting the screenshots of Margo's visit to the LEC (thank you, Christina!). Lucky for me I played a *ton* once Pets came out so I was able to get that for you guys, plus a few nights in a drunken stupor I was able to write. (Haha.) Obviously I won't be around to respond to comments, but DS won't be a ghost town while I get settled in in Winnipeg.

Dipped, however, I've been unable to get anything written for because a) I really, reaaaally wanted to play with Pets and b) I've decided to do a bit of a crossover with someone! I'm not sure how much it might change my original plans for the first part of Dipped, but just in case, I decided to hold back until my lovely crossover gal is done with NaNoWriMo and we both have time to hammer out the details. :3

For those with Tumblr, I'm gonna be queueing a bunch of random screenshots of the Kane family's antics for while I'm gone, so don't get all confused. ;)

I'll probably still be around a little bit for the next week, but I probably won't be doing much of anything except trying to wrap up some loose ends on things I'm working on. Unfortunately, after that... I honestly don't know when I'll be back. We may need to stay in a hotel the first few days/weeks we're in Winnipeg, and even once we find a place and get settled in, the last thing I'm going to want to do is work on Sims stuff. I tend to take a few steps back from my hobbies every time I move to try and get to know the area and recooperate, so, worst case scenario, I won't be working on my stories until after the new year.

But, hopefully I will be back to you guys in early December! In the meantime, all of you that are doing NaNoWriMo--best of luck!! You're gonna need it! And to my readers and fellow bloggers--I'll miss ya! I'll be back to you as soon as I can, I promise. :3

Til then, cheers!

11 comments:

Cameron Houser,  November 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM  

Good luck with renting the place and the big move!

Kaleeko,  November 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

Thanks, Cami! <33 Good luck with your NNWM book!! Not that you need it, miss already-one-fifth-done, lol...

Amelia_Bedelia,  November 3, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

Good luck, Kaleeko. See you in December :)

Catlover800 November 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM  

Good luck with the move Kaleeko! *off to read Dipped*

Jennifer November 4, 2011 at 3:06 AM  

Big congrats to your hubby! I hope his new position and the move means big and better things for you both!
I'm so happy to hear that your excited about it all. Once the major move is over and everything has settled down a bit I think that you'll have a lot of fun exploring your new town/neighborhood. I looked Winnipeg up on Google and it looks lovely! ;)

Gosh though, with no updates possibly till the new year (except for what you almost have ready), I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with myself. lol Really though, I'm gonna miss your updates!!
Can't wait to see how Margo goes at LEC meeting Dusty. I'm sure it's going to be insanely sweet and adorable. ;)
Dipped, doing a cross over? Sounds like fun and I look forward to that too when you eventually have other things sorted.

Good luck with everything girl, hope it all goes smoothly. <33

Lynn Alford November 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM  

It's fantastic news about your hubby's new job. And major moves are always stressful. I should know, we went US to Australia which was about as major as they get. New cities and surroundings take some getting used to

We'll be waiting impatiently to hear from how it's all going, even if you aren't posting yet.

As for me, it's NaNo month so other than one Shrimp finale, I won't be posting much.

Chrysame,  November 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

Congratulations on your hubby's new job! Moving evokes so many emotions. I hope you get time to breathe and enjoy the possibilities before the packing boxes take over.

Best of luck to you and yours on your new adventure. *GIANTLIFTYOUOFFTHEGROUNDHUGS*

Altheaquin,  November 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Such attention to detail that you even have posts going up while you are gone! Every time I turn around I am in love with your creative thoughts!

mmmcheezy225,  November 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

Aww, good luck with the move! :D

Tender Wolf,  November 7, 2011 at 9:39 AM  

Hey you! Sounds like you're going to be very busy! I wish you luck with the move! Congrats to your hubby for getting the new job! Be safe while you move and have fun above all else! :)

admin email,  November 13, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

d'aww, well I know I'll be missing you around here for sure!! <3

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP