Some Things Never Change

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If there's one thing in life you can always expect, it's that things always change. As much as we try to fight it, the years settle in and our friendships wax and wane, our careers will succeed and retire, our memories blossom and fade away, and of course, those pesky pounds keep sneaking up and taking residence in our belly. There are people who somehow manage to control their lives to an extrordinary degree, but that becomes more tedious than not -- it's better just to live, naturally.

But, even as time hardens or melts the things around us, there are some things that we'd want to change, that simply never do. Maybe it's that one friend's incredibly nasal and irritating laughter, your mother's incessant need to nag you about your clothes, the way your spouse always burns your coffee in the morning...

... and, sometimes, the feelings you still harbor for someone you know, that should have faded away a long, long time ago.

Alas, try as we might -- some things simply never change.




"So your parents are being extra careful this time, right?"


Bradley laughed at July's unusual question, but, he couldn't blame her; the last time there'd been a party at the Kane house surrounding the eldest son, some rather interesting things had happened... Including her boyfriend getting rather frisky with said eldest son's girlfriend. No one expected much drama this time around, but, one couldn't blame July for being a little cautious.

"Yeah," Brad said with a snicker, thumbing his hand in the direction of the kitchen. "My mom even threatened to install cameras in the house if Travis didn't promise to behave. I don't think a lotta kids from school are coming this time around, since it's more of a family thing, but..."


"...but, well," Bradley scoffed. "It's not like Travis isn't still psyched about it."


In reality, Travis probably had every reason to be. Finally, it was time for him to leave school behind and move into the 'Real World', his father called it; he would be leaving his teen days behind, and finally catch up in age to all the rest of his classmates.

In fact, of all the kids his age, only Thomas was still left a teen... One of only two reasons that Thomas was invited at all. He was also fortunate enough to still have July as a girlfriend, the lucky sucker.


And yet there was more mysteries in the invitation list than even Travis had expected. When Lolly Racket walked through the door, Travis thought he was about to burst out laughing. Lolly? Really? They'd been on fairly decent terms since he'd broken up with her so long ago, but he had no idea she'd actually come to his little birthday party.

"And I mean," Travis sniggered off to the side to July. "Lookit her... She's like the size of a blimp! I didn't realize she'd gotten married and gotten herself knocked up."

"Married? Noo, didn't you hear?" she snickered back, "Her parents are all infuriated that she refuses to marry the father, so they threatened to kick her out of the mansion!"


"Aww, I see little Bwadley-poo is still acting like a high-n-mighty smarty pants, huh?" Lolly could be heard mocking on the other side of the room. "Didn't your mommy tell you it was rude to be boring?"


"Hey, just because you aren't, you know, interesting enough to understand particle physics doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to talk about them!" Try as Bradley might, there was no way he was getting himself outta that one.

Lolly, for all her graces, simply stuck her finger in her ear one moment, then yawned the next. "Waah waaahhh wah waaah wah wah?" (It appears the sim-gods did not feel it gracious enough to give her a decent fifth trait.)


"I don't get what her problem is... I mean, you find the engineering of the modular space capsule to be interesting, right?"

"Of course I do, it's thrilling," July reassured him. "She just probably doesn't have the stomach for it. Most people don't."

"Well, I don't know how much more of this Travis-schmoozing I can handle for the night," Bradley dismissively groaned. "I think I'm gonna take off after the cake."


In the living room, Travis finally got to see what the 'blimp' in Lolly's figure was all about. "So, do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?" he asked, his hand curiously resting against her belly to check for any signs of life.


Lolly smiled. "No, not yet. I wanted to be surprised, with my first. The whole thing was kind of unexpected, so I just thought I'd carry on with the trend. It's kinda nice to just follow your heart instead of your mind, you know? Feels so... liberating."

"Yeah," he responded, rather dumbly. "Yeah, totally."


Well, when Meredith finally got around to lighting the candles, everyone gathered 'round to see Travis' final transition away from childhood... Even Bradley couldn't help but get excited, realizing that his days of sharing a room with that no-good-sonnova-grrrr were finally drawing to a close.

Cousins, sisters, sister's friends -- even little Alesha, who managed to get a pity invite -- as well as the last of Travis' graduating class, all started to cheer, hoping this birthday was the best...


... but among the crowd, his eyes only kept settling on one girl.


Still, it was best to get that wish done quick before the wax melted in the cake...


... and make sure to blow hard, so he might actually get a useful trait this time.


And, yes...


... everything gets better with age.





With the delicious cake finally finished off -- what do you expect, it was store-bought goodness! -- Travis decided to escape the myriad of kids and relatives and noise, just to get a small piece of quiet, trying to contemplate what would now lie ahead of him in life. So many paths to choose, so many actions to take...

... so many girls he just couldn't shake from his head, or from his side.


"Lolly!" Travis exclaimed when he noticed he'd been followed. "Why aren't you inside? There's food, your old friends, and... you know... warmth... since it's, er, too cold out here. You know, for the baby."


"No, I'm fine, don't worry," Lolly said with a chilling smile. "We're both plenty warm... But thanks for showing the concern. I really appreciate knowing you still care."


Travis was taken aback a little, but not nearly as much as he expected -- or, as he should have. "I... Well, yeah. I do. It's hard not to care, ya know... You're a nice girl, Lolly."


Travis tried smiling, trying to show some pure sincerity, but there was something in her eyes that he couldn't help resisting. Deep down, the alarm bells were flashing, and the little voice inside his head was screaming, "Nooo, nooo, she's crazy, don't do it! Doonnn't do iiittt!"

But, the little voice crying, "Yeah, but lookit those lips!" was just a wee bit louder.


"Stupid parties... Stupid brothers... So full of rubbish... No one deserves that much attention, especially Travis." Bradley sighed, sinking deeper into the chair with each depressed exhale. "He's too lucky for his own darn good."

Bradley wiggled his toes in his shoes, trying to amuse himself, but even he, the master of defeating boredom, couldn't think of the tiniest fact or statistic to cheer him up.


In fact, he wasn't even sure that Emerald could have gotten him out of this sulky mood right now, were she still alive. She really had been wonderful, and had loved everything he did or said, and never found him boring... But that didn't change the fact that everyone else did.

The simple fact was: people liked muscley, funny, brave guys like Travis... Not dorks with glasses and obsessions with logic and science. "You're just... fail, Brad. Just fail." And, apparently, self-depricating.


"Great... Another room taken by whiny teenagers. Sorry for intruding, I'll go." Bradley's eyes snapped wide open: when had she snuck in? He looked over at the door and the stairs, but he didn't recall either showing any sign of movement.

Why, what a sneaky little twerp.


"Wait, Naomi, wait," he said, jumping up from his seat, blocking her from the exit. "I'm sorry, I'm just..."

"You're crying 'cause your big brother is an attention hog when you're a real gem and a half... I get it," Naomi said with a roll of her eyes. "Trust me, I do. Everybody wants to make everyone else like them. S'all anyone cares about these days. It's stupid. So stupid I thought you were too smart enough to be one of 'em."


"I... That's--" Brad stuttered. "But I am smart. I can't help feeling like this... it's just the way I am..."

"Well, I'm just telling you what I think. That yer bein' stupid, 'cause plenny uh people like you. Yer sister never shuts up about you. I mean, I prolly know more about you than my own brother. And she's not the only one. Just because more people get along with Travis doesn't make him better than you. Just means he's less diff'rent, and that's not supposed to be bad, right?"

"Yeah... I guess."


"Well, I'm gonna go try to find somewhere else to get away from this noise. Stop bein stupid."

"Heh, yeah. Alright, Naomi. See ya."

"See ya, loser."






As the sun disappeared and the party fell to a close, the house slowly emptied of the guests, leaving only a few left waiting to say their goodbyes to the newly aged, eldest Kane child. The house hit a peak of silence, with the other kids streaming off to bed, his dad heading off to work, and only one last invitee waiting for a departing goodbye.

Naturally, it was Lolly. "It's been so great to see you, Travis. I wish I'd kept in better touch, but with my job on City Council, and trying to clean up my father's act, I haven't had time for much of a personal life... And it's going to be even less, soon. I didn't mean to forget about you, but..."

"Don't worry about it, Lolly. It's no big deal." Travis' gut cringed -- in reality, he hadn't thought about her at all -- but he couldn't help but feeling a little guilty. Aaagh?! Why did she have so much control over him?!


"Well I should go," she said as she pulled away from their hug. "But I'd really like to see you again, sometime.. If you're able. I've just missed you so much, and... Well..." Her lips pulled into a wider smile, and her eyelashes kept fluttering at his gaze in an awfully hypnotizing way.

"I... Yeah, I guess I'd like that." Travis felt a little relieved to get it off his chest. I mean, it wasn't like he'd dumped her because he didn't like her at all, right? It was because she was just getting a little attached, since she was young, and hormonal, and--


--and holy cow! In the one moment he got swept away in his thoughts, Lolly had tugged him to her, and pulled him into a kiss that sent him blasting farther into the past than he ever thought he'd travel.

He didn't even realize, until his lips began to automatically pull themselves away, that he'd embraced her equally in the exchange.


"Well, that was unexpected," Travis said with a measly grin. "I... don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything. I just wanted you to know how much I missed you, that's all," Lolly said, slowly blinking her eyes. "I just wanted to remember what it was like. I mean, we never really got closure, and... I just... well..."


"I should go," she finally finished, though still gazing deeply into his eyes. "But I'll see you again soon? As friends?"

"Yeah," Travis responded slowly, the butterflies in his stomach sturring up quite a storm. "As friends."






Travis felt a little nervous, but not much; he knew what had happened with Lolly was a fluke, and unlikely to happen again. He had a girl equally, if not more, beautiful than her waiting for him to be in his arms -- and, she was much smarter, and much more self assured.

If he knew anything, it was that he did not need The Crazy back into his life. Crazy women were bad for his head.


Still, it'd been a little concerning that Jade hadn't shown up for his birthday. He knew it was possible she wouldn't make it, but he hadn't heard from her in days... and that worried him. She'd aged up to adult a few weeks before, so he knew she was busy getting into her new job and settling in with the changes of maturity, but ever since they'd started dating again, she'd been becoming more and more distant... And as much as he loved her, he was starting to worry.

"Hey, July," he said, spotting his cousin on the other side of the Rendezvous. "I asked Jade to meet me here for 7:30... Have you seen her?"


"Jade?" July smiled widely, nodding in response. "Yeah, she's been here about 15 minutes, she just ran to use the restroom while she was waiting for you. I was just talking to her about how she missed out on the awesome cake at your party last night. I bet she'll be back any second now."


And, July was right; Travis didn't have to wait long at all. As soon as July stepped away to get a drink, Jade appared from around the corner, everything about her just as he'd remembered it: long, perfectly straight hair, burnished skin, beautiful large... eyes...


"Sorry about that, I didn't mean to keep you waiting," Jade said as she walked up to him, a little bit nervously. "I just wasn't feeling right, needed to clear my head."

"Don't worry about it Jade, it's no big deal. I pratically just walked in the door, anyways." Travis frowned, though, when she didn't seem to be any less frustrated. "Are you alright?"


"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," she stuttered, "I'm just feeling a little light-headed is all. I've had so much going through my head the last few weeks, I feel like it's on overload. I really wanted to come out and relax, you know? But I just don't feel relaxed, yet, and... Anyways, that's all."

"Man, you're freakin' me out, Jade," Travis responded with a shake of his head. "You sound as neurotic as my mother... Which is okay, I just know you aren't. All you need's a good drink in you and some destressing, alright?"


Jade chuckled, still shaking her head with a smile. "You always look on the bright side of everything, huh? Well, I'll try. For you. And those pretty, green eyes of yours. It's nice seeing them on my level, again."

"Yeah, it is."


"Mmm, you're so cute," she said with a giggle, leaning in to rub his nose against hers, and give a gentle, quick kiss against his lips. "I'd almost forgotten how much you always cheer me up."


With a small smile, Travis pulled away, and grasped her hands into his own. "Well, why don't we get out of here, then? We've got plenty of time tonight to do some 'cheering up', hmm? Wanna go back to your place, and relax?"


"N-n-no, no, I--" Jade pulled away, suddenly nervous again. "Not back to my place, I don't really want to be-- I'm not ready for... Just not right now, okay?"


"I... Sorry, I didn't realize that would upset you," Travis muttered, frowning. "I just wanted to help make you feel better, and I thought--"

"--No, it's okay," Jade interrupted. "I'm the one who should be sorry. I've just been having a rough time lately, and feeling overwhelmed and confused."


Seeing him still sulking, she pulled him close into a hug. "Why don't we just go back to your parent's house, okay? I'll even stay the night, if you want, I just... I don't want to go home, right now. You understand, right?"

"Not really," he said truthfully, with a shrug. "But I'll do anything you want, hon."


As they settled onto the front porch, waiting for the moon to rise, Travis slowly began to consider everything that had happened the last few days: his last days of school, his final step into maturity, his delicious cake, a certain delicious lolly...

... but, even if the memory of those events never changed, he felt something even deeper he believed to be true: no matter what, his feelings for Jade would never change.

... Ever.

.... Right?

33 comments:

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 1:08 AM  

I dunno why, but I hate writing birthday posts. I think it may have something to do with the whole instantaneous aging thing, and how that can mess with the jive of the story because making it sound natural from a human perspective is jarring... And it also could possibly be because of how much I hate blogs in which every post is just a bulging belly or someone blowing out candles. Suchahugepetpeeveofmine. Thus, why hardly any blogs on my blogroll are Legacies. Unless they have some story to them, they just bore the bejesus out of me.

Though actually, I think the only things I like about Sim birthdays are a) seeing how they change in looks, and b) getting to totally redo their wardrobe. Partly it's just the monotony of "Yay, the exact same cake, sparkles, cheering, stereo dance obsession! No surprise today!", and partly it's watching my Sims grow up. Just stay kids forever, plzkthnx.

But, at least Travis and Lolly found it in their Sim-hearts to give me something actually interesting to write about. I am utterly pleased to announce they did that all entirely on their own. Lolly instigated most of it (including the kiss, which freaking blew my MIND since she's a Hopeless Romantic sim, and they almost NEVER cheat on their partners), but it's not like Travis was throwing out many rejections. Thank you, Travis, for being an utter retard. You made my day.

Anyways, that's enough ranting and rambling from me for one night. The next post is yet *another* birthday (bleeeeeeeeh), but, it was either have their birthdays a day apart or the same day, and my Sims are way too selfish to share birthdays. ;)

Have a lovely day/night, week, and Happy Early T-Day to all you folks in the States! May your Simming be exciting and full of surprises. (I know what surprises PiB'll be lookin' for! Har har. ^^)

PiB - Nicarra November 24, 2010 at 1:59 AM  

PiB quickly hides a whole bunch of posts that featured birthdays...

Legacy blogs do tend to suffer from it's not someone interested in *writing* as such, they are just trying to get through those 10 damned generations as fast as possible.

I don't mind the parties cause it's the only way I'll know how the genetics of the family is playing out. The Sims have a good time and I get to check out if the next generation is growing up to be better, worse or about the same as the parents.

At any rate, on with comments about the story. Interesting to see Lolly back, preggy and definitely interested in Travis. Bradley torn between irritation that his brother is getting all the attention and the fact that he'll finally move out.

While we haven't seen Lolly in a long time, it didn't seem that surprising that she would come back and romance Travis. There is something that feels ...right... about that.

Naomi trying a new tack to get Brad to notice her? I tried flattery, let's try rude?

What's up with Jade? Inquiring minds and all that. :)

techy note "In fact, he wasn't even sure Emerald could get him out of this sulky mood, right now." I thought that somehow Em was back. I think maybe "Emerald could have gotten him out of this"... would be better

PiB - Nicarra November 24, 2010 at 2:10 AM  

BTW - what am I looking for? :)

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 3:45 AM  

Haha, no worries, PiB. I don't follow blogs I don't enjoy -- it just seems that a lot of the time I venture yonder to explore Legacies, the entire substance of the blog is basically getting through things ASAP. I think you hit the nail on the head, that they try to get it done as fast as possible -- which isn't a bad thing at all, except when it's tried to be presented as a story, instead of sort of a 'challenge narration'. And, parties are actually getting better with all the cool new toys that came with LN, but I still wish they'd at least give us a customizable cake! XD

I'm pretty sure Lolly's just been waiting to strike ever since she and Travis broke up. Her current boyfriend is actually an Elder (which surprised me, since I have Adult/Elder relations off), so I'm not surprised she'd be a little promiscuous, but... Man, what a long time to carry a torch for someone.

Naomi is... blunt. ;) Let's just put it that way. She doesn't set out to be rude, she just sorta is. I see her as kinda a connect-the-dots girl... She's got Point A and B, and she's going to take the shortest route to get there every time, no matter what it might mean she has to do.

I'll say little about Jade because that will unravel over the next few posts, but it has a bit to do with her newest trait, a bit to do with Travis, and a bit to do with Emerald. I'd say at this point, she's coping marginally better than Brad.

I'll fix the post right away -- I was having net problems so I just posted it without proofing, there's probably all sorts of foo like that in the post. ;D Woops.

And: Naturally, PiB is looking for the surprise under the Censor blur! ;) Teehee.

PiB - Nicarra November 24, 2010 at 4:03 AM  

Yep, legacy people tend to put little time into their writing. Met, married, babies, choose heir. Lather, rinse, repeat. Dull.

As for the cake, at least we have an option to age Sims up when we like. Sims 2, they had to be within a day of aging before you could send them to the cake.

Poor Travis, Lolly has spent all this time lying in wait.

Wish you'd show Naomi's sibs. I know she has a red head brother - and a little sister...

Poor Jade, it hasn't been easy.

I've seen the surprises under the blur. They weren't that surprising. :)

Anonymous,  November 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Nice update and, as always, I'm left with more questions. :P Why is Jade feeling ill? What's really behind her not wanting to go back to her apartment? Is it something more or something simple and not really important. Darnit! It could be anything. Heh.

I didn't expect to see Lolly, again. But, I'm glad of it. She's bad news for Travis. I like it. *evilgrin*

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

@PiB - True, about the cake. I was really happy to see you could age Sims whenever you want. It can really come in handy sometimes.

You'll see a bit more of Naomi's brother at some point (he makes a brief entrance in tomorrow's post, but it won't be the last of him), but the little one (Lisa) might take a long time to surface because she seems to enjoy hiding from me. I don't think I've ever seen her outside of stylist mode.

As for the blur -- perhaps not a surprise, but you sure do keep looking for it! ^^ *giggle* Doubt anyone would complain about that, though! Hubbahubba.

@Chrysame: I have confuddled the Chrysame again! Success! *flex*

As for Jade, she's being weird for lots of reasons, but it'll be mostly apparently soon. ^^

Hahahaa... Poor Travis. At this point, I think everyone enjoys watching him suffer a little bit. ;)

PiB - Nicarra November 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Naomi mentioning her brother reminded me that she has two siblings. I've wondered about the baby sister from time to time because I remember the very first time Naomi and Thomas appeared in the blog. Thomas was in the background tickling the baby and I was thinking how typical that was of him. Then he turned out to be one of the infamous Leman gang, which isn't typical. LOL Can you tell that I'm fond of my first CAS still?

I do love life without the blur. You should see Sammy in the shower now. Mrrrrrrwwwww

Anonymous,  November 24, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

I snuck a little Sims in today and I thought of you, Kaleeko. My sim celebrated her daughter's birthday while preggers! Swollen belly and cake, your favorite! Heehee.

Deema316 November 24, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

I love this update same as always. I know I start off that way every time but it's true.
Travis, Travis, get your brain back in your head boy. Don't go and screw it up again.

I can't help but wonder if there is a certain ghost at Jade's house. :)

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Ooh, that's right, PiB. I forgot about that shot. I guess Lisa has been on camera, before. She's definitely the least seen Leman, though... But aye, hehe, you sure do adore Thomas. I don't blame ya, he's a keeper. :)

lol, Chrysame! Nice! Haha... Man, I'm such a party pooper, aren't I. ;)

Thank you, Dee! Hmm.. A ghost at Jade's house? Interesting speculation... Lips are still sealed, though.

Deema316 November 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

:)
I just can't help but guess. It's guess or bite my tongue and I really don't want a sore tongue.

There is just no way to unseal your lips. Joking. I really wouln't want to. I like the suspense.

Raisin Hale November 24, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

i know how you feel. the crappy thing about legacies is that you have to play them in normal sim life span... so its just a blur of birthdays babies and bellies. i feel like i'm just recapping the whole time, which is why i've enjoyed playing katalina craft so much, i have her on an epic lifespan so she has plenty of time to let a story develop and do interesting things. my next post with katalina is much different then my next post with the rojos (it will have a wedding, a belly, and a birthday). interesting post. i'm thinking jade either rolled neurotic (since it was brought up), insane, over emotional or dramatic. something is off balance with her. i'm still mad at naomi for being a little sneaky brat a post or 2 ago.and lolly came out of nowhere, looking rather blimpish. GROSS TRAVIS RUN! i'm with dee on there being a ghost at jade's house... at least i hope so!! and i wonder what trait travis rolled... can't wait to see how it all plays out, as usual

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Hehehe, go ahead and guess away, Dee. I just wish I could give concrete answers, because part of me wishes I could just write the whole story out for y'all in one post. XD

Yup, sounds about right, Raisin. I still love the Rojo's, but I do enjoy Katalina's story more. Watching families unfold and develop and expand is cool, but I like it when stories and blogs and etc explore the greater possibility of things that can happen in the game. :)

A hint about Jade's newest trait: it's probably not what you'd initially think it is. In fact, it's given me a lot of issues between her and Travis. I was really surprised how much of an effect it had. I will say that Travis' newest trait is Lucky, since it doesn't have much of an effect on the story, and is sort of a reflection of how things always seem to go his way in life.

I'm gonna have to make sure to get my next post out in a reasonable amount of time, so that it can answer some of your guys' thoughts and questions!

Di Al Martini November 26, 2010 at 4:11 AM  

What's gotten into him? and what's gotten into Lolly? I mean.. with a baby inside her belly...a big belly. I guess she's an inappropriate sim.

Hopeless romantic sims in Sims 3, unfortunately.. easily to cheat on their partners. They always try to find their true soulmates. Maybe that's why she acted that way.

I use a mod that could alter hopeless romantic sim's behavior though.. simply because, with that behaviour, I found them the same as flirty sims.

It seemed Jade worried too much..

Di Al Martini November 26, 2010 at 4:21 AM  

Travis traits are interesting: lucky and commitment issues. I'm afraid he will always be lucky while cheating on his partner, whoever she is.

Unknown November 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Hey MJ! Thanks for the comment. :) (And, welcome back, again!)

You hit the nail right on the head with Lolly. She picked up Inappropriate when she hit YA. She now fits in with the rest of her family considerably more.

I didn't realize Hopeless Romantics were just as flirty. That definitely explains it, but also irritates me. EA needs to do a better job on their traits, I think.

You're probably right about Travis, unfortunately. But we'll see... He's got quite the future ahead of him, and not entirely planned. :)

mmmcheezy225 November 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Ahh, Travis. A Young Adult with a Teen's hormones. He grew up pretty well, might I add.

Nooo, Travis!! Avoid the crazies at all costs.

Legacies with plots (planned or not) are much better than legacies without them. The rare exceptions are/were legacies by Candie and EphemeralToast on the TS2 website. I loved those legacies, they made me giggle like crazy.

Don't know why, but I get the odd feeling that Jade is preggers...

PiB - Nicarra November 26, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

I didn't read EphemeralToast but Candi did something very very important with her legacy. She developed the characters - a lot. Who can forget Gage Uglacy once you'd met him?

I knew about Candi's Uglacy but didn't get around to reading it until someone commented about how the dude in one of my pics was Gage's dad. It was definitely worth the read and yes, I did have Gage's dad in my game by that time.

mmmcheezy225 November 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Very true. Gage is (or was) certainly unforgettable, and not just because of his face. :P

I miss reading her uglacy, I wonder if she's gotten her hands on TS3 yet...

PiB - Nicarra November 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

She had TS3 - posted a couple of parts to a new Uglacy. But either she gave up on TS3 or gave up on the new way to do official stories for the TS3 site.

http://www.thesims3.com/myContents.html?action=default&persona=Candi020765 you can see the last attempt was months ago now. Should find out if she posts TS3 stories somewhere else. Or if she went back to her Apocalypse Challenge in TS2.

Unknown November 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

I totally missed out on the online 'scene' with TS2, so I didn't even hear of a "Legacy" until I started playing TS3. I have heard tell of some of the old ones though, like the Uglacy, and I find that pretty amusing. And likely something that'd be right up my alley. Down with super-perfect-ridiculously-pretty-unrealistic-Sims! *snicker*

I'll have to check out the link later on at some point. Need to make my priority getting out my next post, right now. And working on my machinima. Which is being a pain in the arse right now, btw. Windows Movie Maker is acting really strange.

Anyways -- @cheezy: Travis? Avoid crazies? Tis impossible. He's a magnet for them, I fear. As for Jade... I say nada!

PiB - Nicarra November 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

I posted some on the forums and read quite a few posts. The Uglacy is one of the most famous, for good reason.

I can't imagine trying to regular do a machinima for the blog. Hard enough to write and to screenies all the time, the camera angles for a serious production would take *way* too much time.

Looking forward to the next post.

Unknown November 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

Machinimas can be quite a bit of work, but they're worth it. With a proper outline, solid knowledge of animations, some patience, learning how to use the in-game camera, and then the focus to crop down the clips and match them to music, it's fairly easy -- the problem I'm having right now is that every time I 'zoom' on the WMM time-scale, the video clips move around, so I'm having a hard time matching the clips to the music and then having them stay put!

Totally worth it, though. I know it's mainly just for you guys, and I may post it on TSS again, but the act of creation for me has always been so important. I love making stuff!

I really hope I can squeeze in the time to get the post written this weekend, but I've got a lot going on the next couple days. I know you guys are patient, I just am SO eager to get to the "good stuff!"

PiB - Nicarra November 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

:) It is entirely possible that one day I will go "I must make this" and it will happen to be machinima.

I have done some fairly interesting photoshopping when inspired.
I have created some animations featuring stills and music - a very long time ago.
I have created a few little games - a very long time ago.

When you know what you want, I agree, any of that is well worth the effort. But I'm just not feeling inspired to that sort of creation just now.

Keeping my head wrapped around 4 different blogs (and contemplating what to do next with the 5th) is quite enough. And trying not to get sucked into the vortex that is facebook...again.

Unknown November 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Belatedly: Inspiration is definitely the key. I think the only reason I've felt motivated to make videos at all is because I heard songs that put a really vivid idea for a machinima into my head. Creating is so amazingly fulfilling, but it definitely all has to come from some sort of seed.

And, I honestly have no idea how you do what you do. Seriously. I can barely wrap my head around my ONE blog sometimes. I mean, I've been trying to sort the 500 non-uploaded screenshots sitting on my computer and it's kinda like... "Uh... Why did I take all these, again?" XD

That hits a perfect transition into how I'm currently sitting here at my computer, trying to figure out how to start my next post, and hitting a giant brick wall. I really, REALLY want to finish this Season before Christmas, which will be really easy if I do 2 posts a week... But my brain is full o'goo atm. Dumb brain!

mmmcheezy225 November 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

*sends inspirational vibes*

One thing that helps me is reading new stories and books that relate to the direction that I want the story to go in. It gives me new ideas to try and implement into the story.

Another thing I do for inspiration is listen to music within the "genre" of the current plot. For instance, if the plot is dramatic, I'd listen to a dramatic song. If it's a mushy romance bound to make even the most hopeless of romantics gag, I listen to the corresponding lovesick songs. ;) Right now I'm particularly obsessed with Coldplay. Some of their songs are hauntingly beautiful, which inspires me to write.

PiB - Nicarra November 30, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

I hope to do some serious writing someday. Keeping multiple characters, plot lines and styles in my head is good practice.

As for how to start the next part, that one can be quite a doozy. I'm pretty lazy and start them off the same way every time.

When do we get to know what Naomi downloaded to the thumbnail drive?

Unknown November 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

Cheezy -- Music is definitely a huge muse for me too, but nothing is really striking me at the moment! Gah! Oh well. Intro is finished, the rest should write itself pretty naturally once I get rolling.

Also, kudos on Coldplay. I love their music!

PiB -- I'd definitely say it's good practice. :D You've got all sorts of things going on, right now. Also, I secretly expect that Sammy will show up in one incarnation or another in any of your future serious writing endeavors. Hee.

What Naomi stole will not be apparent for quite some time -- basically not until the very end of this Season, which is about 6 posts away -- but herself and the rest of the Lemans will see more screen time before then.

PiB - Nicarra November 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

A secret Sammy...hmm.

I hope to see a red head in your blog soon. He's not getting enough air time. LOL

Jen December 5, 2010 at 3:54 AM  

Oh dear, Travis is just shameless and...UNBELIEVABLE!! ...er, sorry about the shouting there. lol

He just can't seem to help himself. I wonder if Jade kissed someone else whether he would be peeved off? I bet he would.
Oh well, what's done is done, I guess.

I imagine that he is going to be a bit of a 'hot shot' now he's an adult. Yes? Even with Jade on his arm. lol

I love reading the birthday posts in a none sim legacy blog. ;) You always do a great job of them. There is always something interesting going on behind the joyful scenes of the party.

Unknown December 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Aww, thank you, Jennifer. I still don't exactly enjoy doing birthdays much, but at least the new party stuff in Late Night makes them more interesting.

Travis... yeah. There's definitely only enough blood to run one brain in his body, and it ain't the top one. He's totally helplessly stupid.

Though really, I have to blame Lolly more. She's being manipulative, when she knows how easy Travis is. She's practically laying herself on a golden platter covered in chocolate...

Still, he needs to be on a much, much shorter leash, apparently. XD

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP