Better Late Than Never

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Where is she?!"

"Could you please stop asking me? I honestly have no idea."

"Well--she's going to be late if she doesn't show up soon."

"If she is it won't be my fault, so, could you please stop nagging me about it?"


Twinbrook didn't have many days quite like this one, but as if nature had decided to give the family a well deserved break, the gloom that normally hovered over the town was no where in sight today. Instead, real sunshine glittered through the cracks in the lattice above them, making everyone beneath feel, for a moment, they were somewhere far away from here.

Nature could not have picked a better day.


"Well, I just--" Alesha began again, but when she stopped to listen to herself, she quickly shut her mouth. "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, Brad. I'm just worried about her--I know she said she was taking a little bit of a vacation, but I figured she'd at least be back in time for the ceremony!"


"Give her a break, will you? Lil's never really left town on her own before, and it's about time she started making use of her freedom. If she misses the wedding she misses the wedding--won't be the end of the world."


"Don't you say that, Brad!" Alesha shook her head violently, throwing up her hands in protest. "Amelia would be heartbroken!"

"Oh come on, she'd understand!" Brad sighed. "Lil's needed to get out and see the world for years--"

"No. She better be here. If she's not, you're taking full responsibility."

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Brad groaned, leaning back into his seat.


Truth be told, Amelia and Naomi would probably survive if Lil didn't make it, but Alesha wanted everything to be perfect for her two best friends--and she had already gone to painstaking lengths to make sure of it.

Alesha remembered that Amelia had dreamed of a huge, decadent wedding since she was old enough to dress dolls in white dresses. But with how everything had gone recently, Naomi and Mia had decided to focus on a smaller, more intimate affair. They wanted it done quickly and quietly--no muss, no fuss. Alesha still felt like Amelia deserved more, though.


Alesha truly had nothing to worry about, though.

Amelia had done many shows in her life, and living happily in the spotlight all the while--but today, being the center of attention felt awkward. As much as it would have mortified her 10-year-old self, Amelia was starting to regret that she didn't just run away and elope.

She didn't care about the show, the ceremony, the cake, or the dress. She just wanted to be Mrs. Amelia Leman-Kane--the "how" didn't really matter to her anymore.


A sudden bump on her arm woke her from her thoughts.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?"

Amelia looked to her left and smiled. Though she and her father had had their fair share of disagreements in her lifetime, they had never been closer then after the ordeal Amelia went through. After everything that had happened, having Jebidiah by her side on her wedding day was certainly not something she took for granted.

"I think so," she responded with a weary smile, threading her arm through his.


Somewhere Amelia couldn't see, soft music began to play.

Taking it as her cue, Margo skipped into place and started trotting down the 'aisle', giving Meredith very little time to get in place for pictures. Both Amelia and her father chuckled at the sudden scurry of movement down the aisle.

"You know, if you want, I can call the driver and he'll whisk us away, and dodge you out of all this marriage nonsense--"

"Daddy," Amelia laughed. "You gotta give me up sometime."


"Well... I suppose, if you insist--now's as good a time as any," Jebidiah spoke with a sigh. "... As long as you're sure."


"Never been so sure as anything in my life."

As much as it pained Jeb--as it would any father--he squeezed Amelia's hand tight in his and began to walk, guiding her on the first steps towards her new life.






























A voice suddenly broke the trance of everyone in the garden.

"Hey guys," was heard coming from the end of the aisle, from a girl who waved her arms wildly in order to be noticed. It took Amelia a few moments and blinks to see what stood there, but once she did, her eyes grew wide. "Oh bother... Did I miss it?!"


Amelia stood and stared. She didn't recognize the girl at first, but there was something oddly familiar about her. The voice... the cheerful tone... the childish giggle that only came from one person--one robot--she knew.

"L... Lilobot? Is that you?"


A torrent of whispers flooded over the small crowd--but for the first time, having everyone's eyes trained onto her didn't frighten her. Lilobot was ready to shine!

"The one and only," she said, beaming so brightly that even in her shock, Amelia couldn't help smiling back.

"You're a little late," Alesha called from somewhere amidst the bobbing heads, causing everyone around her (especially those that had heard her previous nagging) to begin chuckling themselves.

"Better late than never, though, right?" she said with a girly laugh, bobbing up onto her toes.


A well of joy suddenly overflowed inside of Amelia.

Though everything about today made it the happiest day of her life, something about Lilobot's words struck her. All the hurt and regret she'd suffered from being removed from her life for so long had now flowed away, leaving behind only the peace she'd longed for--everything else no longer mattered. The words of a happy simbot reminded Amelia to cherish what she finally had.

"Yeah," she said with a smile, her hand entwined with Naomi's. "You're right, Lil. Better late than never."

15 comments:

mmmcheezy225,  March 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM  

Aww, Lil!! She always has this way of taking the scene, even before her drastic makeover. I'm so happy that everyone seems to accept the new Lil. Or so it would seem, anyway. :P

I'm so happy to see Naomi and Amelia together FINALLY!!! Perfect couple. :)

mmmcheezy225,  March 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM  

Somehow I forgot to mention THE BEAUTIFUL SCENERY IN WHICH THIS WEDDING TOOK PLACE. SERIOUSLY. As soon as I saw the first picture, I was immediately hooked. Outdoor weddings are almost always pretty nice, but this one was absolutely stunning. <3

Kaleeko,  March 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM  

Hehe!! She does have a way like that, doesn't she? ;) It's going to take the family some time to get used to her new appearance, but they're all pretty understand--unfortunately, it's going to be some other effects of her new body that are going to be the hardest to cope with... ;)

MY GOD, I know, right?! For a while I considered adding more to the finale, but it's fine just the way it is. They deserve to have an entire episode dedicated to finally getting what they deserve!! It makes me soooo freaking happy they're finally family. T_T

And I'm glad you like the wedding scenery!!! It wasn't what I originally planned to do, but as I started building and putting everything into place, it just seemed to fit!! I'm glad you think so, to. <333

*tacklessqueeeze* Thank you so much, Cheezy~! ♥♥♥

Amelia_Bedelia,  March 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM  

Oh goodness. This post. My feels. Where to begin?

First off, I love seeing Alesha and Brad back to normal, or at least, what appears to be normal. And everyone looks so gorgeous, especially Amelia x.x That's my favorite wedding dress from that set, and it looks great on her!

Amelia and Jeb, though... oh man, tugging at my heart strings. It's so surreal to see them getting along so well after everything!

I like that you didn't write text for the actual ceremony- it was really nice to look at all the pictures and listen to that song. (Oone of my favorites! Great choice.)

And the last bit with Lilo, man... I almost don't trust this post because it's so happy and perfect, lmao. Leaves me wondering what's going to happen next to ruin everything ;)

But lest I sound pessimistic, I will reiterate how wonderful it was! Goooorgeous set, lovely writing, beautiful Sims! <333 Congrats to the happy couple!

Vera,  March 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM  

Tumbs up for posting this, I absolutely love it! Can't say I'm not worried for what might happen after this wonderful event though... But Lilobot, she just makes me wanna drag her off the screen and into our real world! I look forward to seeing how she and the rest of the family adapts to everything ^^,

Might just mention that I love the wedding scenery, and Amelia's dress, gorgeous! Is that from a EP or special edition, or would one be able to find it on the internet somewhere? O:)

Kaleeko,  March 14, 2012 at 2:05 AM  

Awww, ty Vera! <3

Haha--well, I will say this: my days of torturing Amelia and Naomi are over. They've had enough. Everyone else, though... well, they're open targets. ;) I hear ya, though... There's a reason I've nicknamed her 'My Beloved Monster'! She would be a perfect BFF in the real world. T_T

As for Amelia's dress--that's actually part of the the Romanza Store Set. -> http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=12590&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:22682&pcategoryId=12856&ppcategoryId=12588

Thank you so much again, sweetie! ♥ *mwah*

Chelsea,  March 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

AWWW I'M SO HAPPY BUT SAD THIS SEASON IS OVER!

Kaleeko,  March 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM  

Me too!!! For the first time I seriously dunno what to do with myself... This one went so well and now I'm like: derp. XDD

Thank you, Chelsea!!! I hope you shed as many soppy wet tears as I did, haha!

Vera,  March 15, 2012 at 7:43 AM  

I don't doubt it, "My Beloved Monster" is the perfect nickname ^^,

And thanks for the link! <3

Tender Wolf,  March 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM  

What a perfect ending to the season! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and I love Mia's dress! You did a lovely job with the landscaping for the ceremony, and I loved seeing Lil again as a human. Margo's dress is very pretty too. I wonder how Brad and Alesha reacted when they first saw her as a human rather than a Simbot. lol I can only imagine what Brad said to Lamont. Anyway, great chapter, I can't wait for the next season! I presume that will be when Margo is a teenager, and you'll be updating Yours Truly Margo as well? Yay!!!

Kaleeko,  March 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM  

Awww, thank you so much, TW!! *smooch!*

The lot was a bit of a pain to set up, but I'm glad it was worth it!! As for Brad and Alesha's reaction... oh goodness. Well, Brad was intrigued (although annoyed he didn't think of it first), whereas Alesha was most likely overcoming with happiness for Lil and bawled her eyes out while squeezing her to death. It would've been cool to show a bit more of that, but fitting it in at the last minute would've been a headache, haha. ^-^

Gosh, I can't wait til next Season either!! But, I do need a break to work on other things. x_x As for Yours Truly Margo--it's actually already up and running!! I just posted Margo's first post today! :D

Thanks again, dear!! ♥

Kaleeko,  March 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM  

T_____T ♥

Awwww!! Yeah, gawd, me too... I could've thrown all sorts of drama into the wedding, but it just felt right to make it happy and 'normal' for once. And that dress--I have been planning on using it for Amelia's wedding day since that set first came out. I HAVE WAITED SO LONG lakshsk. It was worth it. :D

Hehe, I thought you'd like the song! ;) I was tempted to throw in more text, but it just felt right to let the photos speak for themselves. I didn't like doing two montages in a row, but... I honestly feel at this point these sims just write the story for me. I just gotta be there to catch them in action. XD

*snickers* Honestly, you are smart not to trust it TOO much. I do guarantee that Naomi and Amelia are pretty much totally out of the water drama-wise, but everyone else... well. This is the highest point for the family you're gonna see for a while, probably.

Psh, pessimism schmessimism. You've been reading this story long enough to know it's just realism! ;) But--thank you nonetheless, sweetie!! *big sloppysmooch* This all made me so happy... you don't even know. Having you along for the ride has made it twice as amazing!! ♥

Enowoyigold,  March 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM  

Awww! That was so adorable! <33

nicarra60 March 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM  

Sigh, such a beautiful wedding.

You did a great job setting up. We saw sneak peeks of this so long ago now.

Amelia's daddy got to give her away. But Naomi's dad - didn't make the wedding. Such a shame, Thomas loves weddings too. He cries, even more than Lamont did. But Lamont made a decent stand for the family.

I love Lilobot's entrance. And that the girls are finally getting their wishes - especially the very patient Naomi. I wish them much luck though, hopefully they are done with life dramas.

memoirsofasim March 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM  

This post was so picture heavy but argh I loved it!!!! Your always surprising me! Never would I've thought that these two were gonna get married at the end of this season. Though I do remember you mentioning a wedding in the works but still, yey!! Congrats to the happy couple! <3

And double yey, Lil made it just in time! I still can't believe that is Lil! lol

Hee hee at little Margo in her gumboots too! I bet Alesha tried to persuade her to wear something else. ;)

Wonderful job missy! :D

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP