Redheads and Blondes

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Despite a nasty hangover and a killer headache--neither of which being things she hadn't experienced plenty of times before--Amelia woke up on Alesha's couch with a bit of a smile on her face.

Today they were going back to Bridgeport. As much as she knew she should feel sad to leave, it was only her goodbyes to Alesha that made her feel the least bit depressed. "Just remember to call a bit more often, missy," she had heard her friend call as she began to jog down the road towards the small street she'd lived on most of her life.

Yes, Amelia was heading back "home"--if only briefly. After some nagging from Naomi, she decided she'd at least go back to say goodbye to her mother, and make sure that her argument with her father the night before hadn't caused any... severe... issues. Her parents' marriage had always been a little rocky, and the last thing she wanted was to shake the boat too much.


For all the months that she'd been gone, it seemed like nothing about her parents'  house had changed. For years and years, these front steps are what she had come home to every day after school--and today, it felt no different than it had felt like to climb those stairs after receiving her first poor report card.

But, bracing herself for whatever impact she had coming to her, she climbed the squeaky wooden steps and rang the doorbell.


Amelia didn't have to wait long--her mother, Meredith, had been waiting only footsteps away from the door, and immediately pulled her daughter in the second she saw her arrive.

"Oooohh, Mia, Mia, Mia!" she said brightly as she pulled her daughter into a tight squeeze. "I didn't think you'd come!"

"Mom, you were waiting, like, right inside the door. You're saying you didn't know?"


"Wishful thinking, Amelia, just wishful thinking." Meredith whispered into her daughter's ear, still not letting her escape. "I barely got a chance to see you at the reception... Oooh, if you hadn'tve come..."

"Then you would've filled my cell-phone's voicemail inbox, I know I know," Mia said, giggling. After a moment, as they finally started to pull away from each other, Amelia cast a quick glance around the dining room. "Dad's not around, is he?"

"No, no, you don't have to worry about that. Something came up last night so he had to leave early this morning. I'm not expecting him back until dinnertime."

There was a bit of a pit in Amelia's stomach--as if, for a moment, part of her actually wanted another confrontation with her father--but she did give a small sigh of relief at hearing the news.


"So, how are things?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

"Mia, things are going fantastic. I wanted to wait to tell you in person, so--well--you know how much I've been dying to ditch this interior design contract in order to get back into art?"

"Well, yeah, but the money was always better, so--"

"So, not anymore. Your father managed to get his hands on this old house on the riverside, and--you'll never believe this--he wants me to convert it into an art studio! To follow my dream! I quit my job, I found a new designer for all my clients, so now I can open my own business! It's going to take a lot of work to get the place ready to open, but, oh, Mia... My own art studio! Can you believe it?!"


"Mom, that's... that's... that's great, really," Amelia said, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"What is it, Mia?"

"Well, it's just... don't you think Dad's just paying for all of this just to buy your affection?" Amelia shrugged. "I mean... Haven't you ever stopped to think where all that money is coming from?"


"Yeah, but--" Meredith looked at her daughter, smiled, and shrugged. "This is the first time he's gone out of his way like this. You know he's never flaunted our money like this, and... Well, maybe this is different."

"What, you think Dad's given up his greedy, thieving ways and got the money legitimately?"

"He's done it before, sweetheart."

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Doubt it."


"Look, honey," Meredith began. "As criminal as his lifestyle may be, your father isn't as cruel as you believe he is. I too had a lot of problems with his career when I first found out what he actually did for a living, but... He would never hurt anyone. Not the way you think he would."

"To be honest, Mom? I really don't know what to believe, but I do know that he lied, to all of us, and... Every second I'm in this house, all I see is everything he paid for with money that isn't ours. And it's just not right."


"Amelia, could you just forget about the money and the lies for a second? He's your father. He loves you. All I want is for you two to at least speak like civil human beings to each other, to at least look him in the eye, even if you can't forgive him. It... It breaks my heart seeing the family split like this. Brad's hardly talking to him, Travis rarely ever brings the kids over..."


"You obviously don't get it, Mom." Amelia breathed deeply, closing her eyes and clenching her teeth. "Maybe he just lied to you so many times it doesn't even bother you anymore, but... I'm not giving him any favors just because it'll make things easier."

Mia continued to avert her eyes when her mother didn't respond. She finished with a soft sigh, and, "If he didn't want to split up the family, he should've thought about it before he started breaking up other people's families, too."




What Naomi saw as she walked along this stone, backyard path was nothing like what Amelia had seen arriving at her own "home". Here, the bushes were neatly kept, the dirt was tilled, the house was small and old--and it was not a house she had ever seen before.

Growing up to a pair of notorious criminals--Thomas and Carolina Leman--no expense had been spared keeping their family in riches, even if they had to move frequently to keep unnoticed. This house, though, was nothing like those lavish mansions, and Naomi had a few moments of doubt in her mind as she wondered whether this truly was her parents'--or rather, father's--new house.


Her doubts faded away when she saw him in the garden.

Naomi's father had never had a problem getting his hands dirty, but this was a kind of dirty she hadn't seen since she was very little. Gardening: it was a very strange occupation for an ex-con... But probably the safest one.


"Daddy!" she squealed as she lept over the fence and ran to her father, who immediately dropped everything to embrace her as someone would if they hadn't seen someone in years.

"Naomi... Oh, Naomi," he croaked, eyes clenched, into her ear. "You came."

"Of course I came, Dad. Lamont gave me the news right before I flew home--there's no way I'd miss coming to see you."

The 'news' she had heard, that unexpected phone call, was that her father was being released from prison. After several years of biding his time, he finally exchanged some information for his freedom...

His wife was not so lucky.


"You look... Oh my, Naomi. You look so grown up, so lovely..." There was a small pain in his voice as he looked over her, trying to smile. "I wish I'd been able to see you more."

"Dad, it's okay. You're here now, that's what matters."

"Yes, I suppose you're right. And you're well, right?" Thomas asked, clasping his hands together. "Lamont said something about your band taking off again? Last I heard things weren't going so well."


Naomi grinned; she was surprised he remembered, though she wasn't sure why. "Yeah! 'The Yelling Birds' is what we call it. It's just four gals, and we really haven't made it big yet, but Amelia's got her eyes set high on stardom, and she won't give that up so easy."

Her father nodded in response, but nothing more. Brows furrowed, she asked, "What's wrong?"


"Naomi," he said, shaking his head and wagging his finger. "You shouldn't be hanging around that girl anymore. The Kanes are trouble, you hear me? They've been after this family from the start, and by the Plumbbob it wouldn't surprise me if Jebidiah's up to his old tricks again with that daughter of his. I don't want you getting hurt, Naomi. I don't want you ending up suffering like myself and your mother."


Naomi was taken aback. "She...She wouldn't, Dad. Amelia's different. Besides, you don't understand--the Kanes aren't like us. Amelia's father forgave all his grudges after what happened, said that the score was settled between us... He wouldn't do anything more than he's already done."


"What, and you trust his words? Trust his words more than mine? Sweetheart, I'm just trying to look out for you. All I'm saying is don't underestimate him, or his daughter."

Naomi rolled her eyes; Amelia couldn't hurt a fly even if she wanted to. "Dad, you've been in jail a while, I can understand why you'd be paranoid, but maybe this is something you should trust me about, alright? I know Mia way more than you do. She's harmless."

"But Naomi--"

"But what, Dad? 'But Jeb's just as manipulative as you and mom were?'" she said in a sarcastic voice. "You're wrong about that. Besides, we've got an arrangement, Jeb and I. Trust me, he'll never go after our family again."


Thomas looked at his daughter skeptically, and his lips drew into grimace as he began to realize that--perhaps--his daughter could take care of herself far better than he had previously thought. All their years apart had changed her.

"C'mon, Daddy, let's go inside," Naomi said, motioning away. "We've got a lot to catch up on."





Several hours passed, but alas, not all day could be spent catching up with their red-haired parents; soon their flight would be taking off for their real home, and they needed to get going if they wanted to escape this worn out old swamp town.


The heat of the steps scorched the sides of Amelia's flip-flop'd feet as she ascended towards the Leman's front door, making her grumble not only about her shoes, but how even the sun here was worse than in Bridgeport.

Just a few more hours, just a few more hours, she thought to herself, trying to keep composure. We'll be outta here, back in our comfy flat, jamming with Kate and Marina...


Amelia didn't even bother ringing the doorbell; knowing Naomi was inside, she pushed the door right open.

"Naaaooooomiii, it's time to g--" Amelia's shrill voice cut off once the door swung open, and she got a good look inside.


A good look at who was inside.




"Mia... I don't understand. That goes against, like, everything you've said up until now." Lamont's voice was soft and timid, the same as his gaze as he looked desperately at Amelia: his girlfriend.


"It's just not going to work, okay? I mean, I'm sorry you got the wrong idea, that's my fault, but... This just isn't right." Amelia could feel a small dot of tears at each corner of her eye, but she did her best not to show it; she didn't want him to see how emotional she really was about this. Maybe then he'd take her seriously.

But, he didn't. "Amelia, you said you loved me! You said you wanted to be with me! You saying that all this time, you were lying?"

"I..." Amelia's heart took a dive. "I don't know. I think so."


"I can't believe you, Amelia! I trusted you! I knew that all the rest of my sister's friends were popular, status-symbol obsessed wanna-be models, but I thought you were different."

Different; the word resonated with Amelia deeply in her stomach. Yes, she was different; she wanted him to know, she wanted to tell him the truth...


... but the truth still existed that there was some social suicides she wasn't ready to commit.

"Well, I'm being honest, Lamont. Not my fault if you're too much of a loser to grasp it."


"Oh, so you are saying I'm a loser, huh?!" Lamont yelled.

"No, no, I mean, I meant--" Amelia backed away. Ugh. Could she have screwed this up anymore? "You aren't a loser, Lamont. I like you. I really do, I just--"


"Just led me on for some sort of game, that's what!" Amelia had never seen Lamont so angry--normally, he was the most passive, gentlest soul--but this time, she'd tred on a button more sensitive than she could possibly understand.

"No, no, Lamont, I really thought what I felt was really, I'm serious, you have to believe me, it's just that--"


"No, you know what, Amelia... I don't want to hear any more of your excuses. I love you, and I always will, but... You don't want this. It's over. I just gotta face it like a man. Maybe if I did more often, I wouldn't be such a loser."

"Lamont--" Amelia began, trying to calm him down, but it was already too late; Lamont turned on his head and stormed down the playground steps, and across the schoolyard to the street.

Once he'd finally gone, she broke into tears; 'Maybe those thought I had were wrong,' she thought to herself. 'Maybe I really do... love... him.'




Naomi was taking her time saying her goodbyes to her father, which left Lamont and Amelia in a rather awkward position. As timied as Mia felt, she couldn't just stand around and avoid him--but she knew the result of talking to him wasn't going to be any better.

 Still, with him standing and looking pitiful in the corner, she couldn't ignore him; Amelia braced herself, and walked over.


"So, uh, how are you?!" Amelia asked, trying to sound enthusiastic about seeing him. "You look... great!" In a way, she was telling the truth. He'd grown up quite a bit since she'd seen him last.


"I am great, actually. I recently got hired at the science facility doing some lab work, which means I'm working right under your brother. He's been a blast to work with, really."

Amelia smiled widely. "I'm glad to hear that. Brad's, erm, really great." Yawn... What was taking Naomi so long?!


"He is. Actually, you come up a lot when we're talking... It's nice hearing about everything that's been going on with you. The band, the city--sounds like you've got quite the life going on up there. One of these days I'd like to see it, myself."

"It's great, it really is." As much as it pained her to say it, she added, "I bet Naomi would actually like you to come to one of our shows some time."


"Yeah, maybe. But, I mean... What about you? Would you--I mean, I don't want to pester--I know you don't feel that way about me--but I just--I miss you, you know--would... you want to see me?"

That painful throb at the back of Amelia's heart gave her a nice, wild kick at those words. Great. He just couldn't let it go, could he?


As guilty as it made her feel, she had to shake her head. "I'm sorry, Lamont, but no. I wouldn't object to you coming, but... You're right. I don't feel the same way as you do..."


"... and I'm not going to lead you on again," she finished. "Because I do care about you." In truth, she did; just... not like that.

"I'm sorry, I guess I just hoped--"

"--It's okay," Amelia said, cutting him off; she kept looking, horrified, at his fallen expression. "You're not at fault..." But she couldn't help but feel that she was.


Finally, Naomi offered her last hugs, and the two made their way out the door. As they paused just across the threshold, Mia hung her head and groaned whilst Naomi looked back, uncertain how she was supposed to feel after that visit.

"I wanna go home," Amelia moaned. She scuffed her feet on the step before turning to look at Naomi.


Wordless about the experience of her own afternoon, Naomi tried to smile as she led Amelia down the stairs.

"C'mon then," she said, emotionless, as she reached back to grab her best friend's wrist. "Let's not waste any more time. Home, it is."



Up, up, up they went; it was a short plane ride, but it saved them several hours of driving, and meant they'd return 'home' all the faster. The expense had been worth it--although, they were lucky to have paid for the tickets so far in advance, or their unfortunate money issues would have caused some serious issues.

A little nausea and armchair-gripping later, they peered out the plane's window to see the skyscrapers of the city below, and even shorter after that they were sitting in the taxi on their way home.

"Man, a taxi seat has never felt soooo good before now," Amelia groaned, her eyes rolling back into her head as she slouched deeply down into the matted leather bench.

"Get up, Mia, we're almost there," Naomi said as she peered out the window, watching the cab's path as it dodged through traffic.


As she saw the building appear around the corner, Naomi suddenly got the feeling that something wasn't right; a feeling predominantely caused by the fact that Katelyn Missoni was standing out front, pacing agitatedly.

"Oh nnooo," Naomi wailed, her head flopping back against the top of their seat. "Please oh please oh please..." But despite all her prayers, Naomi's assumptions were correct--Kate was not just acting as a Welcome Wagon, today.



They clambered quickly out of the cab, offering a hefty tip for the driver to carry their luggage upstairs; it bode them some time to get down to what Katelyn's issue was, but... Both Amelia and Naomi knew what was wrong before Kate even spoke a word.

"What's happened?" Amelia asked, grimacing. "It's Marina, isn't it?"


"Yes," Katelyn wailed. "I-I-I... I feel so horrible, but there's nothing I could do! W-we tried to get together to practice without you guys, but after a few measures s-she totally reamed into me, accusing m-me of making Emilio leave her for someone else, a-and we got into a f-fight and... She's left the band, for good this time."

Mia and Naomi shared a sidelong glance at each other, but, neither were surprised; this had been a loooong time coming.


"I want to thank you again for coming, Kate," Amelia said as she paused at the door outside her and Naomi's flat. "We've had such a hard time finding a decent bass player, you're seriously an angel for giving this a go. I mean, Naomi and I could go as just a duo, but you know this city, they don't really like odd couples..."

"Didn't you say you had someone else too, though?" Kate asked, looking at the closed door beside them.

"Yeah, Naomi pulled someone in that's apparently pretty solid on the drums. I met her, but I can't remember what her name is off the top of my head... They're both inside and totally excited to me you. You ready?"

"As ever," Kate smiled.


When the two walked in, Naomi was already laughing it up with their other soon-to-be fellow bandmate. Mia pointed Kate towards where the bathroom was, and gave the "grand tour" (which takes all of 5 seconds) as she guided her towards the other two gabbing blondes.

"Hey Naomi, we're here!" Amelia called as she lead them both deeper into the apartment.


But, as soon as they fully entered the room, Katelyn instantly froze in her tracks, and her expression turned sour. "Kate, what's wrong?" Mia began to ask, but she was cut off before she could even get a word out.

"No. No way. You are not allowing her to play with us. There is no way I'm going to be a part of this if she's going to be a part of it, too."

"What are you talking about?" Amelia asked, looking from Katelyn to the new drummer, but it didn't take long for


"Don't you dare tell them to drop me, Katelyn!" the other blonde retorted, snobbily wagging her finger at Kate. "I was asked first! If they keep either of us, it's going to be me!"

"Yeah, like they'd ever want a man-stealing, arrogant little brat like yourself trying to snag away all their earnings, anyways! You're insufferable, Marina!"

Marina--as that was her name--simply rolled her eyes in response. "Yeah, well, at least I'd deserve the money I'd make. You can barely pluck a measure on that wooden beast of yours without screwing something up!"


As the fight became even more heated, Naomi and Amelia watched with horror...

... or, in Amelia's case, didn't watch at all.

"What are we going to do," Naomi mumbled back at Mia, but her roommate did nothing but whimper. Settling disputes was not one of Mia's strong suits.


"What, so maybe I'm a bit sloppy on the instrument, but at least I'm not sloppy with my lifestyle! They invite you in, all their asking for is to have their boyfriends stolen away! I was your best friend, Marina! Was Emilio at least worth it, Marina? Hmm? Hmmm?!"

"Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy, gals," Naomi jutted in, trying to intervene. "Alright, let's cool it. This isn't going to be resolved if you all keep fighting amongst yourselves. Look, we're not looking to try and make a family here, alright? We just want someone to make music with us. If being in the same room as each other is too much, then fine... One of you can go."


"Please, though, please please please," Amelia began, now begging as their attention turned to her. "Just give it some thought. This is a great opportunity for you guys... Don't blow it just because you aren't BFF's anymore, alright?"


"I don't know, if that whiny, rich little crybaby is going to be bothering me all the time, I'm not sure I can do this," Marina began, turning towards Naomi.

"You guys don't have to talk, at all. All you have to do is keep it civil during practice and at shows, and that's that. We won't force you guys onto each other."


"Katelyn?"

"I... Argh, fine," Kate finally groaned, her hand still rubbing over her face in frustration. "I'll keep my mouth shut if she does, too."


"Look, Kate, you didn't do anything wrong. This was bound to happen eventually... Now we just know which one of you guys is more loyal, mm?" Naomi said, grasping Kate's shoulders to try to comfort her. "It'll be taken care of. We'll find a new drummer. You'll see."

"I..I... Okay," Kate said, still sniffling; but, after a few breaths, she was finally able to hold the tears back, and left them to go unpack.


"This is a disaster, Naomi," Amelia finally blurted out once they got into the apartment. "We have a gig on Saturday. They're expecting a full ensemble. If we show without a drummer, there's going to be a huge public catastrophe... Rafael's gonna think we're falling apart, and he'll let the band go for good..."


"Don't worry, Mia. We'll figure something out! We've got some connections, and, well," Naomi paused, then shook her head. "Alright, who am I kidding. We're royally screwed."

They two looked at each other and sighed; this was not what they were expecting to come home to...

... but at least things couldn't get much worse.




Eugi's: barely a step up from Waylon's Haunt, but if they were going to find some prospective talent, they had to search elsewhere.

It had been several days since Marina had left the Yelling Birds, and now only one day was left before they had to perform for, what could be, the biggest crowd they've had yet for one of their gigs... and without a drummer--even with a new drummer--there was bound to be a lot of questions asked about what happened. They were still not well known amongst the wilds of Bridgeport, but well known enough to hit the tabloids as a laughing stock if they weren't careful.

So, 'open-stage' night at Eugi's it was. So far a crazy drunk had performed a ballade to a long lost lover, a set of twins had played guitars together--and got boo'd off stage, to Amelia's dismay, and some ten-year-old had given a brilliant recital on the piano that churned rocks in Naomi's stomach.

So far, very little luck.


"Just be patient, Mia! These things take time... The night's still young, and the bar's not even full yet. The better musicians won't show up until there's a crowd to play for."

Naomi tried to sound convincing; she was feeling a bit worried herself, but she didn't want to let Amelia onto that. If Naomi was stressed, then Mia would be darn near crazy with worry--and Naomi didn't want poor Mia going crazy just yet.


"Time isn't something we've really got right now," Amelia responded with a grumpy sigh. "I mean, even if by some miracle a good drummer does perform tonight, what does our band have that could possibly draw someone in? We ain't exactly the Rollin' Sims, Naomi."

Naomi groaned and rolled her eyes, but, Mia was right; it was going to be a tough sell, even if they did find someone.

"We're finished, Naomi," Mia said with a dramatic aire. "Finished. I guess we just weren't lucky enough to make it here in Bridgeport..."


"I don't know, Amelia..." Suddenly, the expression on Naomi's face began to change. She smiled and her eyebrows drew up, and her gaze drifted towards the stage where a lone woman had suddenly taken to. "I think our luck might just be about to change."


"Huh?" Amelia said, confused; her eyes followed Naomi's gaze, which lead her to the drums...


... which led her to the biggest miracle she'd ever seen.

"Ai yai yaaaaaaaiiii!" the woman screamed--not unlike Xena--as she tapped a stiff beginning beat together with her drumsticks...


... and then she began to play. And play? Play was not the word Amelia would describe; it was almost as if the woman had been born with drumsticks in her hands. With each movement of her fingers, noises came from the drum unlike Mia had ever heard.

Naomi's throat had gone dry, as well; though her surprise was not as obvious as Amelia's, it definitely was there.


"Um, Mia," Naomi began, barely even having to say a word to convey what exactly she was feeling at that moment. "Could... Could you go get us some drinks? I think we're going to need them. I'm... going to go talk to her once she's finished."

"Mhm," Amelia said with a slow nod of her head, still captivated by the woman's beat as if a deer trapped in the headlights. Dayum.


Amelia was quick to do as she was told. It took some time for the bartender to finish their tray of drinks--so long, in fact, that the drums had already quit playing and some guitarist had taken the stage by the time they were presented to  her.

She offered the bartender some money, and then moved to pick up the tray... but she did not get the opportunity to do so.


She did not, because another patron beside her suddenly turned to face her, and then instantly screamed.

"You! YOU! I know your face!" the woman hissed, her finger jabbing in Amelia's direction.

"My... my face?!" Amelia squeaked.

"Yes, it iz you! That zilly girl who attacked my couzin in Waylon'z Haunt! How dare you show your face in hee-ahr!"


"But I--I'm just--getting some d-drinks," Mia stuttered, backing away.

"I'm warningz you," came another hiss from the woman's mouth as she slowly drew closer and closer into Amelia's personal space. "If you dare zet another toe out of line towardz me or my kin... I will pezronally... take care of you."


"Mark. My. Wordz." With the woman's last breath, another hiss came between her clenched teeth; this time, Amelia could definitely see something a bit more prickly then the normal set of teeth.

"Uhuhuh.... Okay," Amelia nodded, shaking, before spinning and stumbling away.


Luckily for her, she stumbled right into Naomi's arms.

"Good, there you are," Naomi said, trying to right Amelia to stand straight. "I just got finished talking with Gwen, she said--"

"Ooooh,, oh oh Naomi," Amelia began to sob. "Sh-sh-she th-threatened m-me--"

"What are you talking about? Gwen?"

"N-no, the other woman, the vampire," Amelia cried.


"Ameliiaaa," Naomi rolled her eyes. "There is no such thing as vampires. Are you seriously going to go at this again?"

"But she, she had--" Amelia tried to explain how she saw the woman's teeth, but when she turned to look around, she saw...

She saw another one.


"I think... She just... Na... Nao... I'm not feelin'... so..."


FLUMP.

"Amelia? Amelia are you o--"

Suddenly, though, a flash came from behind Naomi's shoulder; she tried to hide her face, but she knew she likely wouldn't have much luck.

The innocent bystander, however, couldn't help but laugh. "Looks like someone had a lleeeeetle too much to drink!"

12 comments:

PiB - Nicarra February 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

The last goodbyes, it should be more of a sad time for Mia. Amelia, you should be more happy for your mom. She has been earning money legitimately and quite possibly does know more about her husband then you do.

Oh, Thomas in a garden. Now that seems way more like my Thomas. :)
Thomas, you are worried about the wrong child and Amelia. Young Lamont keeps putting his heart out so it can be crushed, again! Poor little cute little Lamont.

Oh dear, and to add to their woes, the band has lost their drummer.

Love the new drummer they are about to talk to. Pity that Mia fainted after talking to the vampire and now word will get out that she's drunk in public, again. Will the band survive this?

Deema316 February 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

First part: I felt so bad for Jeb. My heart was so sad for him.
The other parts were awesome.
The last part. The last part had me ROFLMAO. Mia just cracks me up. I was laughing from the pic of Naomi and Amelia watching in horror at the fight between the other two girls. "... or, in Amelia's case, didn't watch at all." then when Mia comes face to face with the vampire, I cracked up and laughed until I cried.

Deema316 February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM  

I just had to red that last part again and am still LOL. Those expressions of Mia and the dialogue just could not be any better.

Di Al Martini February 12, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

The last part was really hilarious.
Oh, Lamont is very cute.. Poor boy..Maybe someday Amelia will really.. really regret that she had broken Lamont's heart.
Gwen looks very cool with that drum.
The goodbye between Mia and Meredith is very touching..I agree with Mere...no matter what, Jeb is her father who loves her very much.. (If only she had known that Mere had accidentally murdered someone in her past)

I love reading your story. It never made me bored.

Di Al Martini February 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM  

By the way. Naomi is way too cool for a girl. I think there's a possibility that there will be something between her and Mia like what PiB had commented before.

Though, maybe it's only her past that's making her like the way she is now.

PiB - Nicarra February 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

I must admit, I was amused to find that Kaleeko and I both had Thomas in a major role in a post so close together in time.

Looking back over the pics, I went, who the heck is the blond chick doing homework in the background at the Leman's. Then I remembered they had three kids, we just don't see the youngest much.

Unknown February 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

PiB -

Amelia definitely should be happy for her mom, but she's becoming more and more jaded, even about *both* her parents. She's got serious trust issues going on, I think.

Haha, yeah, I wanted to put Thomas's Green Thumb trait to good use! He's officially now in the gardening profession. And, hahaha--yes, PiB, I agree, it was uncanny how they both appeared right around the same time in both our blogs.

As for his worries... I think he really just feels guilty about how he misused his daughter, and he's trying to make up for it by being protective. Lamont, as close they are in age, never got exposed to the same things... Besides, parents can't protect their children from falling in love. No doubt he's in the background trying to help his son in what ways he can.

Marina and Kate's feud has been a long and annoying issue for me. I wanted Gwen in, and Marina doesn't get along with Mia well, so... She got the oust. It worked out well. ^^

Will the band survive? Hmmmmm.... ;D

Unknown February 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

MJ--

We'll have to see about Mia. All I ask is that no one make many assumptions about her, because she's... bizarre. That girl doesn't make up her mind easily.

I also feel so :( on the scene with Mere and Mia. Amelia didn't even come into the house, barely... Things are so tense there.

As for Naomi... Well, I don't think it'd be a far cry to say that she's the most complicated character in my arsenal at the moment. She's complex enough that could write an essay on her emotional dysfunctions.

Unknown February 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

Dee--

I'm glad Amelia makes you laugh. :D She's certainly a bit of comic relief in this! I can't quite explain how someone like her ended up coming from the Kane family (I guess in most ways she's very much Meredith's child), but I like to think she's lovable for all her... drama. ;)

Deema316 February 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

Oh I do love her. I love her expressions. I love her actions. I also love the things you have her saying and doing.
For example: Third pic from the bottom the look on her face when she sees that vampire at the same time Naomi is telling her there is no such thing as vampires. then you managed to catch her with her eyes crossing as she was about to faint.

Farther up at: "My... my face?!" Amelia squeaked." The look on her face was when I first cracked up.

Jen February 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Oh my gosh, I read this last night but didn't have time to comment as were in the middle of a major thunderstorm and our garage began to flood!
Not good when your house is up for sale. We also an open house today. Argh!

Wonderful update! Amelia has a lot going on doesn't she. lol She's certainly a drama queen. ;)

Loved the flash backs and who is this knew drummer? Interested to find out.

Also Naomi is just a little too cool for school for me. She doesn't slip up on anything, or have any slight melt downs unlike her bff. lol Wonder how she keeps it together. ;)

Unknown February 17, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Hahaha, Dee! I'm surprised you managed to catch the cross-eyed look while she was fainting. It was funny how it worked out like that... I normally hate it when that happens, but that was one moment where it was perfect.

@ Jennifer:

Oh nooo!!! Gah! I hope everything worked out okay... Man, that *really* sucks. :( Horrible time for a basement to flood, no doubt. Stupid house!

Amelia, a drama queen? Noooo... *whistle* ;)

I can't wait to get more Gwen in. She'll be... interesting, to say the least.

Naomi's hard to explain, but she's basically nigh emotionless at this point. She'd actually make a perfect military officer, if that were the type of thing she was interested in; she shuts everything out and pretends problems don't exist. In a way, she's almost the exact opposite of Amelia... At least for them, it's something that helps their friendship instead of hindering it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP