Season 4 Wrap-Up

Monday, December 20, 2010

First things first, I'd like to say 'Thanks' to all my loyal readers (I love you!), but also to say that, as I've mentioned previously, I'm going to be taking a bit of a break between this Season and the next.

I won't disappear this time around -- I'll still be here reading and commenting and such -- and I may throw up occasional posts to remind you all I'm still alive. Nothing major; mostly what I'll be posting is some tours of houses/community lots I've built recently, and maybe some Christmas-related stuff. Like this:


In the meantime I'm going to be working on starting Season #5, which will premiere sometime after New Years (I'm not positive when). I need a little time to prep for it, as -- as most of you know -- I am skipping forward a bit in time. Don't worry; I plan on incorporating plenty of flashbacks so you all are kept up-to-speed on what's happened -- at least, on what things I want you to be up to speed on. ;)

I plan on starting Season 5 as soon after New Years as I can -- but I won't give any specific dates, because it may take more or less time than I plan it to.

But, it wouldn't be a true wrap-up if I didn't talk a little bit about what happened behind-the-scenes this Season:


Funny Things That Happened on the Way to the Finale...

a. ) Brad Finally Moves On:

As I was getting closer and closer to the finale, knowing what I had planned to happen (Brad to begin dating Alesha), I started to notice that Brad really didn't seem to be all that excited about the prospect of hitching up with her. Sure, he didn't reject any of her flirtations, but not *once* did he have any wishes for her. Not even at max relationship level. None. Not even 'friendly' ones.

Very frustrating!

I was about to get disheartened, since I'd prefer my Sim to actually sort of 'want' this (although I guide the story, I still sort of 'listen' to my Sims to see what they prefer), but then something really awesome happened.




The night that Brad met with Emerald's ghost and I added her as a playable temporarily to the fam, she officially did the "Let's just be friends" social -- which made it obvious that underneath Brad's code, he still had the 'romantic interest' towards Emerald.

Duuuhhrr! For the most part, Sims that aren't flirty/commitment issues/etc don't have romantic wishes for 2+ Sims... so while Brad had that baggage, the wishes just weren't going to pop up, and he was going to have to do some extra work to get Alesha as a 'Romantic Interest'.

Sure enough, the day after Brad 'moved on' from Emerald, he came home from school with this:



Thus showing that I could go on guilt-free with Brad+Alesha -- and that some Sims really are totally devoted, underneath all those pixels.

b. ) Travis, what is your dealio?!

You remember when Travis first moved out and into his brand-spanking new home? Well, Kaleeko pulled a bit of a fail, and forgot to turn off some of the Story Progression aspects on his household... And, well, later that day, I got a nice surprise pop-up.



I didn't screenshot it for some reason, but -- well -- Travis and Jade got married. Immediately. Like, they didn't even pause to think about it. She moved in, and they were both happy.

I was not.

I had had this nice little story planned for them, and Travis decided to just stomp on it. Well... For the first time ever, I decided to completely ignore what happened for the sake of what I'd already written out to happen, but... Man. After I heard about how Travis mad-dashed into marrying Cassidy in one of PiB's games, I decided that Travis' "Commitment Issue" trait is NOT working as intended.

For all intents and purposes, don't assume that Travis and Jade are already married, since it's not something that's happened/been revealed in the story yet.

But... Yeah. Go Travis. NOT.

c. ) While on the topic of Travis...

I'd like to make one thing clear before too many wild ideas about Lolly's baby get thrown into the wind: Lolly's newest baby is not Travis's. The night after Travis and Lolly had their 'woohoo', Travis came home and was getting ready for working when, lo and behold I get a pop-up that says:

"Lolly and Whats-His-Face (Lolly's Boyfriend) are expecting a baby!"

I was like... So, you seduce Travis, lead him to believe that you want to be with him, and yet you're lying about having a poor relationship with your boyfriend? In fact, so good that you're having another baby with him?!That and her boyfriend is an Elder -- I have it set up so that Elders are *not* supposed to have children; that all Sims are not supposed to have kids if they will reach Elder before the kid is Child age.

That pretty much threw me for a loop. I had in no way planned for Lolly to get pregnant. In fact, I distinctly did *not* want her to. Well. She did... Just with someone else. Stupid girl.



Anyways, there's not really much else to tell -- though if you have any questions about things that happened in this Season, now's the time to ask, though I reserve the right to keep my lips zipped on anything that has a direct impact on the story later on.

To wrap up the wrap-up, here's some cute screenshots:

Aren't they cute together?

Tooootally cute together.

Get it... Of... My boot... AAGGH!

Neener neener boo boo!


'*grumble mumble* Why don't I get to be pushed?'


 Such... A... Tearjerker... *sniff!*

 Something must be funny...

 Yes, leaving your mom at the theater -- totally funny. "Guuuyyss... where'd you go?!"

"C'mon, Kaleeko, can't we get a little bit of privacy?!"

 Oldies, but still cute:

"You tooootally want some of these brownies."



"I dunno, Amelia... I'm not sure if I trust your brownies if no one else is buyin' em."


"Brad? Hello? Are you there? Talk to me please? Stop ignoring me? HELLOO!?"

"What should we do with *these*, huh?"

"What sort of makeover is THIS?!"

"Uh... Aren't you like, my friend's Dad? Eeewwwww."


 Oh Juan Darer, you old saucy thing you.





 That's all! TTFN!

19 comments:

Deema316 December 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

Awww, Kaleeko. This is hilarious. It's like seeing the out takes from a TV show.
Don't you just love the way those sims surprise us. They just like doing things their way. :D

Thank you for the laughs.

Now to all I must say, good night.

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

Sims are quite the hoot, yep. ^^ Glad you enjoyed the shots, Dee. Hope you didn't miss any either, I added a few more a couple minutes after I posted.

Have a good night, dear. Sleep well!

PiB - Nicarra December 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Ah chestnuts roasting on an open fire. And let's take out Jeb while we're at it. :)

Ah, that was sweet that Brad was faithful to Em beyond death. Glad you worked out why so he would move on with Alesha.

LOL - Travis, the commitment issue boy - NOT. I did laugh when you told me he had married Jade the moment you left him alone. Given how fast he dashed to marriage in my game - he must just one female in his life.

"I have it set up so that Elders are *not* supposed to have children" I suspect that elder males can father babies on sweet young things - assuming they had a relationship with a sweet young thing.

Poor Mere, no one pushes her swing and she gets left behind at the theatre with Ollie Mayweather just behind her.

Love the oldies but cutie pics. So Lamont Leman won't buy brownies...:) You really can't misyake that hair colour can you?

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Travis's definitely got issues... But I'm not sure they're commitment related. :P I sincerely expect for *someone* to find a game in which he actually acts like a commitment-phobe.

Well, Lolly and OldMan were together before he got old, but I'm still not sure how the "No Children If Elder-Before-Kid-Reaches-Child" rule got overrided. You must be right, it may just be that it doesn't apply to the man in the couple. So stupid. :P

And yep, that's definitely Leman hair. :) Lamont did appear frequently, and did spend quite a bit of time with Amelia as a kid, but I just found no way to work it into the story in a way that mattered. He will matter later on, though.

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

I must be slow; you can add a regular ghost to the family as a playable?

And how do you stop elders from having babies? Looks like Commitment issues just isn't a strong trait for Travis.

Awww, Alesha and Brad are adorable together.

I spy an Ollie!

PiB - Nicarra December 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Maybe someday in some game there will be a commitment issued Travis.

Damn, I forgot I was thinking about dropping Travis and Mia into Phillip's hood - making them all sibs cause otherwise things could get ugly. I need a few more young adults around.

Awww, Lamont was friends too - just not mentioned in blog friends. He will matter later on? Ohhhh, I am intrigued.

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

Chrysame -- Yes, you can. With Twallan's DebugEnabler, you can click a tombstone, "Spawn Ghost", and then once it's up, you either click the tombstone or the ghost and Select "Make Ghost Playable", and it adds it to the family. Easy peasy.

Another odd thing to note is that for some reason, when I first spawned Em's ghost, she was an adult. (And I have ghost aging off.) Had to age her down to do the scene.

How to stop Elder Babies:
Two things; first, turn off Elder/Adult relations in the Romance section.
Second, turn off this in the Pregnancy Section: "Allow Near Elder". Twallan added that on my suggestion (yay!) because I was sick of my Sims having a baby the day before they became an old fogie.

OOOH. CHRYSAME. That reminded me -- I just added a screenshot to the bottom of a recent encounter Ollie had with a styling station...

PiB -- Wish I had more Sims to offer you than just those three, cuz I know you'll eventually get sick of seeing the Kanes everywhere. ;D If you want any others, like Alesha or June/July Larson or anything, lemme know.

Yeah, both Naomi and Lamont are/will continue to be rather important parts of Amelia's life. Can't say much more than that, for now.

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

o.O Poor Ollie, that is the worst makeover in the history of Sim makeovers. I'm stunned. *snort*

PiB - Nicarra December 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

I agree with Chrysame, that is a stunning makeover. Stunningly awful.

Hmm, I do have Tatianna to shake up hoods. If I want things to get a bit violent. You should create a few just for the heck of it Sims. :)

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

I did make a couple a while back, PiB. There's Aliza Weston (though she could probably use a diff hairstyle), Julian Von Kline (who I think is incredibly sexy), and um... Some other dude.

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

It was fun to see Marta in your blog. It's always great to see how someone else uses/interprets your sims.

I'm still amused by Thomas' outfit during the finale showdown with Jeb. It was very early 70's hip.

PiB - Nicarra December 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Early 70s hip *and* matched his hair colour. How awesome is Thomas that a career outfit matched his hair colour? LOL That outfit really cracked me up. I'd love to see Jeb in that much colour.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

I just wish I could've fit Marta in a little bit more, Chrysame. :) Hopefully she'll make a splash in the future, but I don't have that far ahead planned.

Yeah, Thomas's outfit was definitely something. One of the few people that can pull off that outfit -- and Jeb is certainly not one of them. I'm pretty sure the Emperor of Evil costume was made for Jeb, though. ;)

Added two more screenshots: One of Thomas flirting with Alesha (and being rejected, thank goodness), and one of Juan Darer gettin' his groove on. I was *very* surprised to find he hadn't died, yet. :P

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

You go, Juan. Oh, if only I had a dollar...

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

Jeb was meant to be the Emperor of Evil. The thief thing was just a side track. :)

When a Sim has to flirt, he has to flirt. Waiiittttt, if Thomas can flirt with Alesha, he's out of prison and she's adult. :)

Juan always did think he was hot stuff. Gotta give him that his looks are unique! It was a mistake on his part though, I bet the Reaper found him after this stunt.

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 12:24 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen December 25, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

Nice to know that you do listen to your sims through out your story writing. Even though they are little pixel people I think they should be able to think on their own, sometimes. ;)

Travis, married?? OMG! ...and he has the commitment trait too. Haha.
Glad to hear that Lolly's baby isn't his. I think the shite would have hit the fan if he were. lol

Alesha and Brad are just too cute. They really suit each other.

Love the shot of Meredith looking annoyed because she isn't getting pushed. Daddy's little girl comes first! lol

That shot of Naomi really makes me wonder what she is going to do with those dolls.

Great shots Kaleeko. I can't wait to see what you have for us in season 5, I'm sure it's going to be awesome! :)

Di Al Martini December 25, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

I have a great time reading this. Thank you :)

Bradley and Alesha are just so adorable together. I am really happy for them. It's good to listen to their wishes and I'm glad that Bradley finally had moved on from Emerald.

Aww..Travis! I think that he's pretty sure that Jade is the right girl for him, completely sure that he didn't think twice to marry her.

I thought that you intended to make Lolly pregnant with a sim (whoever he is) :)

The pictures are just... awesome. Love the part of Mere getting left at the theater (sorry, Mere)

Sorry, I'm not being around lately because I'm having a problem with my PC. I am still having the problem (I'm not using it right now) so I may still not be around for a while.

By the way, Merry Christmas :)

Unknown December 25, 2010 at 4:23 AM  

Thank you so much, MJ. *squeeze*

I hope your computer issues get resolved soon. :( Miss having you out and about, but I super appreciate that you've stopped by to check up on things, Christmas of all days. *bigger squeeze*

Oh, and make sure you check out my latest post--there's something in there for you.

Merry Christmas, MJ. <3

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP