Exchange Item: The Kane House

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's about time I put the Kane's House up on the market! This is the house I've been playing my family in for quite some time, so yes -- if the Exchange uploads them properly, the house is full of photos and paintings done by Meredith. I also removed a lot of CC I had in the house prior to upload, so there should only be a few pieces you need to download if you want this house to work properly. For a full listing of the custom content that I highly recommend installing BEFORE downloading this house, please refer to the bottom of this post.


The Kane House


 My goal for this house was to aim somewhere between "modern" and "comfortable"; in my opinion, a completely modern home can sometimes seem a bit too cold and clean, and I wanted this to be a family home. It's pretty darn expensive, so unless your family is toting over $200k in their pockets, I recommend using the freerealestate cheat to get them into this house. if you don't already. ;)



This house is 2-stories (3 if you count the unfinished basement), with a detached garage that holds one car, and a driveway that can hold another. A small pond is fenced off in the back -- my original intention was to stock it full of fish, but none of my sims are fisherman yet. Oh well! Feel free to do so yourself. :)



The large entryway would be a great place to take shoes on and off, if Sims did that sort of thing. This room's got a few family photos, and a panorama shot of Riverview. The entry-way leads to the living room, which has a TV, game system, and stereo -- the "shelves" in the bottom left picture are a CC item listed below, and in them is a Heart-Shaped Soulpeace, the Golden Fox criminal trophy, and a Glowy Butterfly. Nursery has dollhouse, activity table and high-chair. Both Nursery and Living Room have sliding glass doors onto the patio.



The nectar shelves in the dining area hold several awesome nectar varities. Not sure if the kitchen-stock transfers too -- I assume not, but if it does, it's got a ton of perfect-quality produce. Guest bedroom can serve as a family bedroom or no, up to you. It's Sunflower-themed, if not obvious from the sunflowers framing the windows outside it. :)



The stairs from the kitchen lead up to the landing, which hold the doors to main bathroom, boy's bedroom, and master bedroom. The large windows in the Master Bedroom -- which are what the screenshot is looking through -- look over a heather-filled lattice that I didn't have room for a screenshot for. :(



The sitting room has another nectar shelf, fireplace, and telescope. Also another place where there are a great deal of family photos, especially one of each family member. The sitting room leads into the girl's bedroom.



I'd like to note that the garden's plants are recently-planted produce, and all but 1-2 plants are perfect quality (I think I forgot to upgrade my pomelos and plums). Sprinkler is upgraded to auto-water... If that sticks in the upload. :)

And here's the aggrivating part. While I removed a great deal of CC from the house, there are a few pieces I missed, and some that would change some of the cool things in the house. So, here is a list of the things you SHOULD download before installing this house:
  • Shelves in Living Room: Here and here.
  • Paintings in Master Bathroom: Here
  • All free items from the EA Sims 3 Store
  • The UK Version of the Eco-Friendly Pack: Here
  • World Adventures Expansion Req.
Download it HERE. Do not be fooled by the other (first) version; it does not install correctly!

    6 comments:

    Anonymous,  June 15, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

    I like this house. It will be mine! I'm addicted to patterns but I don't do CC objects so I'll just delete them if they download with the house.

    Woot!

    Unknown June 15, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

    Go for it! The CC isn't ultra important, it's mostly just shelves to house all my knickknacks. I'm a photo addict, as well as CC clutter... It's entirely useless, but it keeps me happy. ;)

    Anonymous,  June 15, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

    Cool! Downloading it now. Darn tootin' cats woke me up. Need something to do. Re-reading your blogs and downloading a house should do it.

    Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM  

    Well, heckfire. It won't let me install Kane or Oak Street house. I was able to install Mon Shu's Kung Fu Academy. The other houses download but the install fails. Bah.

    I also downloaded Tatlanna. She should spice up a neighborhood!

    Unknown June 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

    Hm! I noticed that when I tried to download it myself at one point, it wouldn't install, but I figured it was some sort of issue with the Exchange, since the Store was messed up at the time as well. I'll have a looksies, it may be because it's got some Store content that is being a pain in the butt. I wish there was a comment system on MyPages, would make it a lot easier for people to tell me something's not working!

    I feel you on the cats, sort of -- my dog is a vivid dreamer and kicks in her sleep. ;D I can't sleep either, so I'm sorting through the 500 screenshots I took last week... Mmmph.

    I made Tatianna specifically for Dee, but I'm thinking I may actually use her myself in a future part of the plotline... It'll be cool to see how one Sim turns out in multiple 'universes'! I'm way stoked.

    And apparently chatty, haha.

    Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

    It's very cool to see one of your sims in another person's game. Way stoked, indeed!

    Post a Comment

    About This Blog

    This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

      © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP